23: Siblings

Taehyung sets off after Hyun, the girl is running towards the exit of the festival, not looking back.

"HYUN! WAIT" Taehyung yells after her, but the girl just keeps running. Taehyung finally reaches her when they are outside, all alone.

Taehyung grabs the younger's wrist and makes her stop. Hyun doesn't turn around, she just stares in the other direction.

"Listen, it-it's not what you think!" Taehyung says.

"Then what is it?" Hyun turns around, now staring into Taehyung's eyes. The elder opens his mouth to say something but quickly closes it again after realizing there are no words coming.

Hyun is slowly getting her breath under control. "Are... are you g-gay?" her voice is shaky. She looks at Taehyung with comfort, don't know why.

"I..." Taehyung begins, but he doesn't know how to express it. There's silence for a bit before Hyun talks again.

"And, wi-with Jungkook?" she says, almost a little hurt. She had a crush on the boy ever since she saw him the first time, making the situation even worse.

Taehyung finally lets go of her wrist.

"Y-Yes" the boy whispers, tearing up.

"Taehyung, do you have any idea how our parent will react to that? How it will affect your future? how it will affect m-" her words stops as she looks at Taehyung. She doesn't know how to continue as she looks at the wounds on Taehyung's hands and neck. She has never paid attention to it before.

"How long?" She asks.

Taehyung looks at her a bit confused.

"How long have they been doing that to you?" she breathes out, pointing at the wounds. Taehyung looks down at his feet. Fumbling with his hands.

"I-I don't remember" Taehyung just answers.

Hyun is annoyed. But she somehow feels like comforting the elder. She throws the feeling away.

"Well, whatever you and Jungkook have going on, it won't last for long," she says and crosses her arms. Taehyung looks up instantly.

"You don't know that," Taehyung says. Hyun is surprised by his comment. He really cares.

She turns around without saying a thing, leaving Taehyung alone. Her heart aches as she walks away. She still feels like she needs to apologize, needs to help.

Taehyung just watches her walk away. The silence is killing him. But it doesn't last for long as he feels a hand on his shoulder.

"Taehyung."

- Time skip -

Jungkook fixes his hair in the mirror before walking out the bathroom stall. He can't wait to get back to Taehyung. Maybe they should play some more games? Or just go home and watch a movie?

It's getting colder but there are still a lot of people at the festival, playing games and having fun. 

Jungkook walks directly towards the bench where he left Taehyung. But it's empty. Without warning, his heart reaches his throat and he looks around in confusion. Where the hell is he?

He runs past the bench and past all the stores, looking inside every one of them, hoping to find the boy. But he's nowhere to be seen. 

Jungkook quickly grabs his phone from his pocket and finds Taehyung number.

No answer.

No. Please.

-----

Sorry for the late update! And it's short too...

It's probably because I once again have started on a new story! Please go check it out - it's called NUMB // Taekook! I'm really motivated for it, so I hope you'll like it!

Thank you for reading and see you! 😘