18: Hate

Jungkook places Taehyung on his bed. The boy's face is swollen from the last punch, and there's blood running from his eyebrow. Jungkook quickly starts treating Taehyung's wounds, feeling the sting in his heart.

How could Hyun react like that? Her brother was being beaten up right in front of her (and everyone else) and she tried to stop Jungkook from helping him. The anger rises again as he looks at the boy sleeping. He's brushed all over, still shaking a little.

Jungkook takes a deep breath to get control over his heart rate. He slowly places himself on the bed next to Taehyung and puts his arms around the smaller to keep him warm.

What's he going to do? If he can't tell the school, then what should he do? Hyun knows now, but it doesn't seem like she cares.

Jungkook shuts his eyes tight, clinging to Taehyung, the fear of losing his grip around the smaller makes him shake a little - well knowing that there is no one to take him away right now. Still hurts though.

- Time skip -

Hyun arrives at home. Taehyung is not there (obviously). She sits down, still a bit confused about the past events.

She feels sad. Now Jungkook hates her.

What did Jungkook mean by "he endures it for you?". Her brother has been bullied before, and she has seen it... but never this violently.

She takes off the cap and places it on the table. Her thoughts are running wild as she rests her head in her hands, not know how she's going to approach Jungkook or her brother for that matter.

- Time skip -

Jungkook wakes up. He looks at the clock. They have been sleeping for almost two hours now. He looks at Taehyung, who's still laying with his eyes closed.

As he gets up and walks towards his wardrobe, he hears Taehyung yelp as he turns around in the bed. The pain causes the smaller to wake up.

Taehyung blinks a couple of times, trying to fit the room into something familiar, but it doesn't work.

Jungkook quickly approaches him, sitting on the edge of the bed.

"How are you feeling," Jungkook asks, patting Taehyung's hair slightly. The smaller looks up at him, still a little confused.

"I have been better," he says, trying to sit up in the bed. Jungkook helps him.

"What happened? I barely remember" the smaller asks, placing a hand on his forehead, the headache is already here.

"Those bastards... they did it again," Jungkook spits, tightening his fists so his veins become clearer. "If I had just-just..." he's lost for words.

Taehyung looks at him, feeling the warmth from Jungkook's caring words. "It's okay," he says as he grabs Jungkook's hand, holding it tight.

Jungkook relaxes and closes his eyes. "If Hyun hadn't held me back, I would have made my way to you" his voice is low, shaking a little.

Taehyung looks away for a second. He knows why Hyun would do that... to 'save' Jungkook from his disgracefulness. It's true, people would be shocked to see Jungkook caring about someone like Taehyung this much.

A sudden feeling hits Taehyung, a feeling making him want to say fuck it all and just run away together with Jungkook. Leaving his sister alone as she has always wanted.

But he knows it's not possible. It would never work and Jungkook would never go with him.

Taehyung has hated his sister before, sure, but this time it's getting out of hand. He doesn't want to talk with her. At all.

-----

This sibling rivalry is getting out of hand...