7: Sleepless night

Since they don't have to go to school until next Monday (three days free to write the assignment), the twins' mother suggested that they all just slept over for the next two nights.

The house only has one guest room, meaning Yong would sleep in Hyun's room, while Jungkook and Shin will sleep together in the guest room.

"God, I have to sleep with you? It's going to be a long night when you snore so much" Jungkook teases Shin, who is somewhat offended by the comment. "Excuse me! You take up so much space! I almost got crushed when we shared the same bed on a school trip" he throws back, making everyone laugh.

Jungkook loses his smile when Taehyung passes by them, going up the stairs. The others don't seem to notice him at all, but Jungkook is totally focused on the boy. He's limping.

- Time skip -

Jungkook is laying on his back, staring at the ceiling. He can't sleep. Shin is already in a deep sleep, snoring just enough to make it impossible for Jungkook to fall asleep.

He sits up in the bed and walks out of the room. It's dark so he almost falls as he looks for the stairs. He walks down and into the kitchen to get a glass of water. Just as he drinks, he looks outside the window seeing a shape walking towards the house.

Jungkook swears his soul left his body from the shock. When the shape gets closer, he recognizes the shape as Taehyung. The boy is having an empty look on his face. The door opens and he walks inside.

Taehyung is about to scream when he realizes Jungkook is standing inside, looking at him in the dark. "What are you doing here? You gave me a heart attack" Taehyung whispers while resting his hand on his chest. "The same to you" Jungkook answers.

"It's 2 in the morning, why were you outside?" Jungkook asks. Taehyung seems to struggle with an answer. Jungkook observes him. The boy is wearing a hoodie and some second-hand jeans and some old shoes.

"I-I was just walking for a little... could-couldn't sleep" Taehyung answers, trying to get control over his voice. He always had trouble speaking with others.

"Same, couldn't sleep either," Jungkook says before finishing his class of water. Taehyung doesn't know where to look.

"Well, good-goodnight then," Taehyung says, as he rushes towards his room, not giving Jungkook a chance to answer.

"Wait-" Jungkook tries, but it's too late. He stands in silence, not really knowing what to do.

In the end, he decides to go back to bed, and after a couple of hours, he finally falls asleep.

-----

*tired*