Chapter 4

Chapter 4:

Simon’s POV:

I can’t believe it; she just arrived and is already in the hospital. I know that the guys bully and beat my niece, but Miranda has told me before to not bring it up. She is just so fragile with her skinny body, but she does have her mother’s curves. There are bruises and some scars on her body. When Dane went to beat up Harry because he gave Miranda her first black eye, the rest of the guys turned around and beat her up more.

My sister, Christine and I agreed that I would try not to get involved too much in my niece’s and nephew’s lives. We wanted them to grow up like normal children. The doctors’ office called me and told me that Miranda was fine and that she will be discharged tomorrow. Oh thank you so much, God!

Day of discharge…

Miranda’s POV:

While I was waking up this morning, I picked up my phone and called my second best friend, Amelia. Amelia and I grew up together, we did karate. She continued it, but I quit and went more into dance. Amelia already knows what the guys do to me, but she transferred to another school. I dialed her number.

A: Hey, buddy!

M: Hey, I’m leaving the hospital in an hour.

A: WHAT?! Since when did you enter the hospital?

M: Long story short, they did it.

A: I’m going to kill them!

M: I just want my best friend here, so I have one of my uncle’s butler come and pick you up.

A: YAY! See you soon then!

She hung up, but I didn’t mind. My best friend is coming to London, and yes she knows about Simon being my uncle, we took some dance classes together at the studio once. “Excuse me miss, but your ride has arrived and you can leave.” A very polite nurse told me. I got up from the bed and gather my things, then walked to the lobby. Steve was sitting in the waiting room with his head buried in his hands. I knew what he was thinking, he’s thinking about he should have been there with me so that I would have never gotten hurt and in the hospital.

“Hey, you ready?” I asked him. He lifted his head and pulled me into a hug. “Yeah, let’s blow this popsicle joint.” He replied while I laughed at what he said. He grabbed my hand and we left the hospital.