Counting the hours (Heather Duke)

You had woken up early today which was weird seeing as it was Saturday. But you had a mission. You needed to spend the whole day with your girlfriend and pamper her because...

Because today was the last day you would ever see her again.

   You go up and sadly smiled at yourself in the mirror. "Hang in there a little while longer." You whispered as you started to get dressed. You hated this, you hated this damn curse that was set upon you. It was as if the whole universe was against you. You clenched your teeth as you finished up.

  You had to make this day perfect. No fuck ups, this was it. You took a deep breath and then headed to your door. It was 9:30 am when you left the house.

9 hours left.

  You arrived at Heather's house at 10:00. You were going to take her out and pamper her. Today was her day to be a queen. Your Queen.

   The day went as such:

  You took Heather to the mall to go shopping. You let her buy anything and everything she wanted. You would have no use for the money anyway.

    When she finally finished it was 1:30. You then took Heather out to eat at her favorite place. It was expensive but you didn't mind, of course Heather offered to pay or at the very least help with the check but you would shake your head.

  "No Heather. I got it." You would reply with a smile that never failed to make Heather weak in the knees.

   Once your meal was over you brought her to the local park. It was 3:30 now and all you wanted to do was cuddle. You didn't talk much, you just let Heather ramble on and on. In some odd way it calmed you. Your eyes slipped shut.

You weren't going to sleep, it was a desperate attempt to drink in her voice as much as you could. You opened you eyes slowly to see the sun caress Heather's face.

God she was beautiful.

   You pull her up to you and kissed her softly. There wasn't any sexual need behind it, only love. You poured all the love you could into that kiss. You wanted to make sure she knew how you felt. When you pulled away you rested your forehead against her's.

"I love you Heather."

"I love you too Y/N."

       It was 4:30 now. Time to bring Heather home. The whole ride back you held Heather's hand. You smiled as she sung along to her favorite songs. Her voice was so beautiful.

    You reached Heather's house all too soon. You walked her up to her door and kissed her one last time.

  "Happy Birthday, Heather." You finally let out for the first time all day.

"Thank you Y/N." She said giddily. You helped her with all her bags and then got in your car. You waved goodbye and pulled off.

   You didn't look back. You wouldn't be able to do it. You had to look ahead. It was 5:15 now. You needed to get away from here.

    You drove onto the highway not caring where you went at this point. You mindlessly drove tears clouding your eyes. You knew what was going to happen now. Your grip tightened on the steering wheel.

    You hated every last bit of the Godforsaken curse. Why did it have to be this way. Your eyes started to get cloudy.

5:25

    You took a deep breath and put some music on. It always calmed you. Then your phone rang. You gulped and picked it up.

"It's time." Is all the deep, hoarse, voice said on the other end before hanging up. You threw the phone into the passenger seat. Then you heard loud beeping. When you looked up you were in oncoming traffic.

  "Everything...will be all right."

It was 5:30.