Epilogue: Proditor

A/N: Hi, got done with this early... Are you ready for the true end of book 2?!? Lots and lots of foreshadowing and stuff in this chapter so read and enjoy ;)  ;D Just a note, this is entirely in Micah's point of view so... Yeah, this should be fun! Thanks for reading! <3

Epilogue: Proditor

   La Luna was empty by this time of the night. Like any weeknight, it was just me, Kyle, and Kris. Tonight was different. After the ordeal with Toni in Central Park, I'd come to the restaurant to find Odelia West and her brother waiting for me. They came without warning, according to Kris.

   The Manhattan pack was a broken one, and a mixed one. I was the only werewolf that had originated from here in New York. It seemed that the cruelty of Oliver Blackwell and his burning hatred for werewolves had expanded beyond the New York territory.

   Odelia and her brother, Bruno, were orphans just like me, and had come from the ruins of Boston, Massachusetts in search of a new pack. Isaac Mann had followed them. Word must've spread that Manhattan was open and friendly to lycanthropes.

   That was a load of shit, if you ask me.

   As for Kyle and Kris Hastings, they'd traveled hundreds of miles from Chicago. To get away, they told me once. Those two were the questionable, but Odelia saw past it.

   She always did.

   Loyalty was outright shaky, but we grouped together to form a new pack based off of our own survival. As far as I knew, Kyle and Kris were the only weres who had family. I've heard rumors that the pack in Chicago is the strongest and largest in America, but I have yet to meet any of them. The Hastings brothers were so secretive about their past.

   Odelia became alpha based on a vote. Not a good form of ritual for shape-shifters, but we were all too weak at the time to fight for the title. I was fit enough to be alpha at the time, especially when it was my birth territory.

   I could never rule. Not with my line of treachery.

   Proditor, the Latin word for 'traitor', a term I was too familiar with. That's what I was, after all. Traitor to my friends, my adopted family. Pack members...

   I had no choice.

   Go ahead, call me a proditor; you would be spot-on. Yell at me, tell me my loyalties lie with the wrong side. Do it, I won't correct you, nor will I try to deny it.

   I had absolutely no choice.

   Toni tried to help me, and just look at what happened to her...

   My fists clenched, and I finally focused on the she-wolf standing directly in my path. "To what do I owe the pleasure of your presence, Odelia?"

   Her steel eyes narrowed at me, and she momentarily glanced back at her brother. "I've been hearing things, Micah. Things that I don't want to believe."

   There it was. She'd found out about-

   "What is it, Odelia? What have you heard?" Kris asked his alpha. The she-wolf ignored the question completely, and set her eyes on me once more. "How long have you been working for them, Micah?"

   "Since my pack was slaughtered," I bit out. I backed away from her, but she advanced on me. "Why? What could the clan need you for? I understand their interest in monitoring the vampire hunters, but why you? A simple werewolf; their mortal enemy."

   "Odelia-" Bruno growled, but his sister was well past listening, her eyes steady on me. I began to feel claustrophobic in that fancy restaurant.