Chapter 25: Fresh Blood

• Dedicated to EVERYONE READING SO FAR!

A/N: Last chapter, everyone! Hope you enjoy! ;) <3

Chapter 25: Fresh Blood

HENRI

   I love you.

   My brother's teeth sunk into her neck, and I felt it all. Her scream reached my ears and I nearly bolted out of Kira's firm and bruising grip. I was stronger than her, but I didn't want to hurt her.

   Robert Drake watched the scene calmly as his slave ripped into Toni.

   Oh, God, Toni...

   My fangs came down in anger, and I growled at Kira. "What are you doing? I have to stop-"

   "You can't, Henri, you just can't!" she cried in response, shaking her head. "Orders have to be followed. I'm sorry." She knew about my predicament with the clan, and she was sorry for it...

   I shook my head at her. "He can't do this. Gavin is-"

   "Killing her," Kira finished for me as she watched our brother continue feeding. Toni made no sound except for a pitiful wining noise that made anger bubble up.

   I had to stop this!

   I pushed against my sister's grip. "Kira, I-"

   "Mr. Sinclair!" an authoritative voice called to me, and my body stiffened.

   "Robert Drake."

   "Master," he corrected me with a dangerous look. "I'm afraid it's too late for my niece. Her savior is entirely useless." He gave a sigh before continuing. "Any requests before your eminent execution?"

   I'd never forgotten my sentence. I gave the vampire a dirty look, just as he'd given me one of sorts. "I want to be there when Toni dies."

   "Henri, no-" Kira began to protest, but I cut her off. "That's my final request."

   "Done."

   "Henri!"

   "You heard him, Kira," I replied firmly. "It's done."

***

   After a beating and more feeding, Toni was on the brink of death. She couldn't even speak, yet alone walk on her own. I wanted so badly to help her, but I kept my distance. Desperate thoughts and plans flooded my ancient mind, and I barely held them at bay. I had to do something.

   Anything.

   "The transformation has to be perfect," Robert murmured, almost to himself. Gavin scoffed, holding a dazed Toni in his tight grip. "The containment room, of course."

   Of course...

   "Gavin, I want you to finish her there," the vampire commanded loudly, eyes on his niece. "When she's dead, I will come to give her my blood and complete the blood exchange."

   Gavin nodded and proceeded out of the main room of the underground catacombs. The master vampire turned to me next. "Follow your twin if you truly want to watch Antoinette's demise."

   "You're destroying her, you know," I muttered. "You've destroyed her entire life. Not me, not even Gavin. Just you."

   He appeared unfazed by my words, but I knew differently. Robert Drake remained where he was while I followed Gavin through the tunnels and out into the cold air.