Chapter 3: Lip Locking With Lycanthropes

A/N: Chapter 3 is here! Whoo! Thanks so much for reading; I hope you enjoy this chapter as much as I enjoyed writing it ;D

Chapter 3: Lip Locking With Lycanthropes

   I wanted an explanation.

   Didn't I always, though? Henri hadn't told me shit about the rogue and the Order needed to know that Manhattan was in danger. Gender did nothing to narrow it all down, and the fact Henri didn't recognize our vampire whatsoever (seeing as he knew all the vamps in this area) scared me.

   Well, of course it did.

   The next morning, I woke with a drive to see Henri, and it had absolutely nothing to do with the Mark.

   I wanted answers.

   Ethan hadn't called or visited me yet, so I knew it was safe to be late for work. Plus, it wouldn't take long...

   Then I realized it was daylight. "Damn it," I groaned under my breath as I got ready to leave. Henri would be fast asleep by now, which meant I couldn't get answers until sunset... And the Order needed to know about the rogue, whoever they were. The hunters wouldn't find any matches to the fang marks, since the vamp wasn't from here, and therefore wasn't in the Agency's database. I had no choice but to go to Henri in the hopes that he was still around. Older vamps seemed to stay awake longer, from my observations, of course. I looked at my watch. It read: 10:35 AM. Hmm...

   If he was awake right now, it'd be a freaking miracle.

   Eventually, I decided – what the Hell? – and headed to the Dakota Apartments by subway.

   Mr. Kepsley, the human shadow that worked for Henri Sinclair – wasn't at his post. No one was in the lobby, and the place was silent and empty. No tourists outside, either.

   What the Hell?

   I went up to Henri's room, feeling him easily through the Mark.

   Ah, the Mark.

   The Mark had gotten stronger ever since my uncle almost killed and turned me. Henri had fed me his blood to heal me and, well, as a result, our bond had gotten much stronger, to the point where I could occasionally feel his presence and when he was hungry...

   Right now, the Mark remained dormant, as if the vampire was already lost to the world.

   That didn't mean he would stay that way.

   Not a chance; not if I could help it.

   "Toni?"

   I spun around at the sound of the familiar voice and found sharp emerald-green eyes staring at me with curiosity and surprise.

   Micah.

   I wiped my forehead, gasping softly. "What... what are you doing here?"

   The wide-eyed werewolf only shook his head, ignoring my question. "Toni, you shouldn't be here."

   I gave him a genuine frown. "And why not?"

   "It's dangerous." How?

   I shrugged. "Danger's my middle name."

   "I thought 'Claire' was your middle-"

   "How do you know that?!" I burst out.

   Again, Micah ignored me and looked away. "Anyway, it's too dangerous. Even for you, hunter."