༻ 56, Will you marry me? ༺

ROSE'S POV

The morning of the last day of the year has arrived. I slowly opened my eyes, then glanced at Connor who was still sleeping. 'You are so cute when you sleep...' Seconds later I was still looking at his peaceful face, planted a tiny kiss on his lips, then I glanced at my phone screen. 08.39... Once I climbed out of the bed I put my lace-edged white tunic on, brushed my long hair, then finally I went to the kitchen to make breakfast.

"Hmm..." I hummed, checking the contents of the fridge. "Let's make some omelet, bacon and Greek salad." I said to myself, then took out the necessary ingredients and put them on the kitchen counter. "Let me see... Tomato, cucumber, onion, lettuce, olive and basil..." meanwhile, but my thoughts were far away from reality. Last night I had a weird dream.

In my dream it was Christmas morning. I was holding a mug of hot chocolate in my hand, admiring the ice flowers on the window. At that moment everything was silent and peaceful, just like a perfect morning. I was listening as the fire was crackling in the fireplace, while our home was filled with the sweet scents of pine, cinnamon, orange, ginger and blueberry.

"Rose! Breakfast is ready. Blueberry pancakes, just the way you like it." Connor informed me as he placed the plate on the dining table.

"Thank you, my love!" I replied with a smile on my face, then looked out of the window, staring the snowfall. Moments later Connor wrapped his strong arms around me from behind and finally pressed his soft lips against my neck. "It's beautiful, isn't it?"

"It really is... If you want, we could go to the park in the afternoon. You could take some amazing photos there."

"Great idea!" I said, then took a sip of my hot chocolate, but seconds later Connor spoke up again.

"Good morning, sweetpea!"

"Good morning, Dad!" 'Dad?!' As I turned around I saw a cheerful little girl who was staring at the strawberry meringue on the Christmas tree. She reminded me of Victoria, but she had hazel colored eyes. She was wearing peach colored pajamas and she was about four or five years old. "Don't tell Mom that I ate one of the strawberry meringues, okay?"

"After breakfast I'll get you one more. What do you say?" the little girl let out a happy chuckle, hugging Connor's neck.

"Thank you, Dad!" she whispered with a smile, placed her tiny index finger on her mouth, then finally looked at me. "Good morning, Mom!" "MOM?!'

CONNOR'S POV

As soon as I felt Rose's sweet lips I wanted to kiss back, but instead I pretended to sleep. I was looking at her with a smile as she climbed out of the bed and put her white tunic on. 'She's so beautiful...' After that, she brushed her hair, then finally left the bedroom, leaving me alone with my thoughts. 'I'm going to propose to her tonight...' Minutes later I was still lying in the bed, staring at the rays of the sun on the wall, then finally I went downstairs. As I expected, Rose was in the kitchen, chopping up some fresh vegetables, humming a familiar song.

"Good morning, sleepyhead!" she greeted me with a chuckle at the end, putting the vegetables into a bowl.

"Good morning to you too, my love!" I replied, then placed a kiss on her neck. I knew she loved it. "What are you making?"

"Greek salad."

"Really?"

"Mhm..."