༻ 48, Lake Michigan ༺

ROSE'S POV

The melodic singing of birds woke me up on Saturday morning, but as soon as I opened my eyes I realized that I'm alone in the bedroom. I was sure that Connor was in the kitchen and this was proven by the amazing scents that were in the air. 'Fried eggs and smoked bacon...' I glanced at the hologram clock on the nightstand. 08:14... With a smile on my face I climbed out of the soft bed, put my satin robe on, then stepped out to the balcony. There was a large cherry tree in the yard that my father had planted about twenty years ago. A few days ago I hung a bird feeder up on its twig and as I expected this morning the robins and the sparrows arrived. For a few minutes I was admiring them thoughtfully, then finally I left the balcony. Once I went downstairs I walked to the kitchen, following the delicious smells.

"Good morning, Rose! Just in time." Connor greeted my as I sat down at the dining table. "Did you sleep well?"

"Yeah!" I replied with a smile, then started eating my breakfast.

"I've made some sandwiches for the trip. The ride will be quite long, approximately two hours and twenty-four minutes."

"Thank you, Connor!" I said before I took a sip of my hot tea. "Would you do me a favour while I finish my breakfast?"

"Whatever you wish, my love."

"The ice skates are in the lower drawer of the guest room wardrobe. Could you bring them down?"

"Sure." he answered with a tiny smile.

"The grey one is mine and I think the black one is your size." I informed him, the continued eating. Minutes later I stood up from the table, put the plate and the mug into the dishwasher and finally joined Connor in the living room. He was stroking our dogs.

"Go and get dressed. Until then, I put your camera and the sandwiches into your backpack."

"Alright!" I cried out as rushed upstairs. I took a quick shower and wrapped the towel around my body, then hurried to the bedroom to get dressed. I was searching in my wardrobe for long minutes and finally I decided to wear my soft and warm beige cardigan. I bought it last year in New York. This was accompanied by a black leggings and a dark grey long sleeve t-shirt. I got dressed in a hurry, picked up my jewelry, made my usual makeup and brushed my long hair. I took a last glance at myself in the mirror, then went back downstairs.

"Shall we go?" Connor asked me as he put his oil brown leather jacket on

"Where's your CyberLifeos uniform?" I joked, making Connor smile. "The last time I saw this jacket on you was the night when the FBI attacked Jericho..." I added, then I slipped my feet into my boots.

"And where's your roses-covered dress?" he asked me with a small chuckle at the end. After that, Connor placed my backpack and my jacket on the back seat, we hopped into the Ranger and finally left the Lafayette Avenue, heading for Lake Michigan... We were about halfway when I pulled out my camera my backpack, then took some photos about the snow covered pine forests.