"In hindsight, it's likely a yes, but I... feel like it's a no. I do genuinely believe that he is a good person and I wouldn't be the human being I am without him. I still have hope and trust in him. He has made some mistakes though, major mistakes."

"Do you really believe that he loves you?"

"I really do. He told me as such this morning. It seemed sincere, but I don't know what he told Liv after. Whatever he said made her very confident in the relationship."

"She could have been faking it. Like, pretending that it's better than it actually is." I was about to make a comment back, but I was interrupted by the sound of a whistle, "Vreeeeeeeeeeeeeeew!"

"Ladies, it's time to dress back out!" Celia jumped into the air with excitement, "Finally!"

The gym floor was getting further and further away from us as we went into the depth of the locker room.

"Having Gym at the end of the day both has its perks and it sucks," Celia said as she started messing with her locker.

"I mean, if we actually have to go outside and run, we can just drive off and take a shower at home instead of having to do it here. On the other hand, by the time it gets to the end of the day, I just don't feel like going on a run or playing any games, you know." I had a distant expression covering my face as I leaned against the lockers waiting for her.

She waved my clothes in front of my face, "Earth to Daya. Are you okay?" I jumped back into reality, "Yeah, I'm just waiting on you."

"Are you calling me slow?" She said slowly as she handed me my clothes.

"Well, all the talking does take away a couple of seconds of my precious time."

We both changed back into our clothes, grabbed our bags and headed back towards the main gym area.

"Banks texted me. I think they want to go get some food after basketball practice. Is that cool with you?" Celia asked me as she texted and walked.

"Yeah, I didn't really get to eat much." She had an enormous, discernable smile on her face the whole time she was on her phone.

"The whole gang is coming then," she still hadn't looked up. I had to grab her arm to stop her from running into people by the double doors.

"Oh, I do that, sorry."

I sat down on the bottom of the bleachers and she stood up over me. I'm taller than she is and it's odd to have to look up at her. "What," she said in a sing-song way.

"Nothing."

My eyes surveyed the room and of course, they landed on Liv. She glared at me for a few seconds and then continued touching up her makeup by using the camera on her phone.

When the bell rang, Celia and I walked over to her car.
I took my phone out, texted Denny and told him, 'I am getting a ride home. Tell mom I'm having friends over.'

To which he replied, 'Why didn't you text her this. I guess I'll tell her.'

'I'll see you at home. Love you and mom.'

Piper ran up to us and looked completely out of breath.
"Hey, I heard what happened. Good job girly," she pinched my arm.

"What do you mean?" I said as the three of us got into the car.

"Someone probably thought a fight was going to happen, so they filmed it and put it on Snapchat."

"No, how many people have seen it?"

Piper shrugged her shoulders, "A fight didn't actually happen, so I doubt a lot of people are going to watch it, plus the audio sucked."

I hoped so. Liv will be outraged if this embarrasses her. I wondered if Jay saw it and how he'd react.