"Daya," she held my left hand as Piper took the right.

"I know we just got officially introduced today, but you're our girl now. Nothing breaks that," Celia affirmed with her light brown eyes looking right at me.

"We're a girl gang now. We got your back," Piper added. Looking at the three of us in the mirror I nodded, "Okay."

The three of us linked arms and walked toward fourth period. When we got to the gymnasium doors, Piper hugged us and exclaimed, "Destroy her ladies!"

Walking through the double doors of the gymnasium almost caused me to have an aneurysm. I had to keep my face down but people still saw.
"Don't be nervous. I promise you got this."

Celia has such a calming way about her from her soft, wavy, red hair to her light make up.  Upon entering the gym our teacher sent all of the girls in the locker room.

"What am I supposed to say to her?"

Celia gently shook her head, "If she says anything to you then we'll deal with it together." I sighed as we walked over to her locker.

In one swift motion, our arms were disconnected, she was kneeling over the ground and unlocking her locker. "Everyone knows that she's all bark and no bite. She's not going to do anything to you."

"I'm not worried about her doing anything physical, it's her bark that's concerning."

"What does she know?" She had her clothes in her hand and stood up.

"It doesn't make me look the best."

She put her hand on my shoulder and squeezed, "I won't judge you for whatever you did to her. You don't have to tell me, but if you want to, I'm here to listen." And I was again, stuck in this same conversation that I was having this morning. "It's not all my business to tell. And there are too many ears."

"That's fine. How about Piper and I come over to your house today and you can divulge all the juicy secrets?"

"I don't want to disappoint the two of you. Everything is just so embarrassing, but it would be nice to tell someone."

"See, telling people your feelings can help. In addition, we can all share embarrassing things about ourselves. I got a few of my own, and Piper, well she is a whole mess." We both laughed at her comment. "She seems like it," I said.

"It'll be our first girl gang meeting."

"Sounds exciting," I said trying to hide my nervousness about it.

After we got dressed in our P.E attire, we walked onto the maple wood planks that were so shiny we could see our reflections in them.

"Ok girls," our Physical Education teacher Mrs. Krueger deadpanned with a beach volleyball pressed against her side.