Chapter 10

This is the last cover I've made before changing to the new one I have now!☺️ Should I leave my new cover or change it?🤔😁

Enjoy the chapter, darlings!♡

~~~~

It was the next day and I was glad that my black eye wasn't as swollen or discolored.

Feeling somewhat excited, a small sense of courage coursed through my veins, making me jittery.

Although Dylan's words left a bad taste in my mouth, I wasn't going to let him poison my mind into thinking I should stay away from Nathan.

Even though I barely knew him, my intuition told me to stay. Begged me, even.

After some mental debation, I decided I wasn't going to let Dylan or anyone else tell me otherwise.

Grinning to myself, I entered the combination to my locker.

I wonder what Nathan wants to write our essay about... I mentally asked myself curiously as I jiggled open my locker.

A small letter floated to the ground, and my grin disappeared as my heart dropped deep in my chest, as if it was an anchor falling into a deep ocean of pain.

Shakily, I bent down carefully so my skirt wouldn't rise, and picked up the dreadful letter.

I already knew what the letter would be about, but I couldn't stop myself from folding it open and reading the crude words it had to offer.

Dear Slut,

No one loves you, so why don't you end your life and do the world a favor?

Sincerely,

Anonymous.

Salty tears welled up in my eyes, and my vision went blurry as I stared at the note.

The courage I felt earlier flew out the window, not even caring to look back.

Grabbing my English binder, I closed my locker and stood there for a moment. My mind blanked out, and I couldn't remember why I was excited to come to school today.

Frowning, I decided to walk to the library and do some research over the essay I and Nathan got assigned to do.

Maybe he's already there, waiting for me, I thought hopefully as I strolled through the hallways.

Unexpectedly, someone bumped into me with their shoulder, and I looked up to see it was Stacey Harden.

"Watch where you're going, slut." He grunted, glaring at me, then walked away before I could give him a verbal reply.

Fine by me, I thought, I didn't want to talk to you anyway.

Sighing, I continued my journey to the library, occasionally overthinking every time I made eye contact with someone.

Who's writing these letters, I wondered nervously as I walked through the entrance to the library.

But, I guess I should've seen it coming. After everything that happened between me and Cameron, the outcome was inevitable.

Looking around, I noticed Dylan, Nathan's friend, behind the main desk. His brows furrowed, staring intently at the book in front of him.

But, Nathan was nowhere to be found.

Maybe he's running late, I thought as I sat down at the vacant round table we were at before. Placing my binder on the wooden surface, I opened it and begun to write a rough draft of the essay.

"He's not coming." I heard a voice call out, and turned around to see Dylan staring at me from above the book he was reading.

"What do you mean?" I asked confusedly.

"I mean, he's not coming." He said in an annoyed tone and shook his head, then went back to reading his book.

My eyes felt glassy and my cheeks burned from embarrassment.

He will come tomorrow, I thought hopefully, going back to writing the rough draft.

I picked up a pencil and attempted to write, but my hand was shaking.

Why does everyone hate me? Am I really that much of a bad person that no one can stand talking to me?

Why am I so worthless?

Setting my pencil down, I decided to get up and pass the time by browsing some books to read.

Walking up and down the aisles, I skimmed through the different genres and authors. After countless steps, I finally stumbled upon a book that brought a small smile to my face.

Stephenie Meyer had always been my long-time favorite author. While reading her Twilight series, I always sat and pondered when my Edward Cullen was going to come and bring light back into my life, like a ray of sunshine.

But, I didn't want an Edward Cullen. I wanted, no, needed someone who would make me feel glad to be myself.

"Are you ever going to find a book to read?" A voice groaned and I looked up to see Dylan leaning an arm against a bookshelf.

"Sorry, Your Highness, but I like to take my time and find the diamond in the rough." I huffed, turning back to the books, my fingers trailing down a worn-out book spine.

"Well, you're wasting your time. Here," he said, then walked up to me and grabbed a book, "I think you might like this one."

"Airhead," I read aloud, then frowned at him, "I don't like books with more pictures than actual words, thank you very much." 

"Don't judge a book by its cover," Dylan smirked, but it disappeared as fast as it came, "it's about this nerd girl who ends up switching bodies with this supermodel. My little sister read it once and she really liked it. Loved it, actually." He grinned sheepishly, then brought a light brown hand to the back of his neck.

"Oh, okay," I said, then opened up the book and read the first few pictures. Immediately, I was sucked into the story, as if it was a hypnosis of some sort.

"You should check it out." Dylan chuckled, pulling me out of my trance.

"Why are you being nice to me?" I asked bluntly, then widened my eyes at my boldness.

He stood there for a moment, a deep frown on his face. Dylan looked down at the floor, nibbling on the skin of his thumb, before looking up at me.

"I realized that maybe I made a poor judgment of you. However, it doesn't completely change my opinion of you." He said and began to walk away.

"What does that mean?" I asked out of frustration.

He stopped, then looked over his shoulder, making eye contact with me.

His dark brown orbs didn't remind me of disgust or hatred, but of familiarity. It was similar, but not quite the same intense stare Nathan always gave me.

"It means, I think I labeled you too soon." He grinned, but it was one of disappointment.

Why did he smile like that? I mentally asked myself.

As he walked away, he mumbled something, and I was a bit surprised at his words.

"Way too soon."

~~~~

Chapter 10: Finished!🧐✔️

Why do you think Dylan is being nicer to Valerie?🤔

Please vote & leave a comment about your thoughts on the story so far❤️

Until the next chapter😘,

~ The Kalopsia💜