My interview edited by Me

Start from the beginning

My friend Raj  inspired me to write. Raj always asked me to send them to magazines which I never did. He forced me to start a blog but I am not active there. Priya helps me with Ronit Da pictures; she loves him more than me.

Special thanks to Naziya Mudassir, another writer FB friend who guided me about Watt pad and I am enjoying it more than Fb.  Now, I  doing two of Hindi stories, though I am a beginner and not good in Hinglish spellings.

Q. What are the books and authors you would like to recommend to our readers?

A. I have a  Literature background, yet I am not an avid reader. Yet a few books played a pivotal role in my life and I love Thomas Hardy’s Tess of the D'Urbervilles; The Mayor of Caster bridge.  Another book I loved was Untouchable by Mulk Raj Anand; Clear light of the day by Anita Desai; The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy; E. M. Forster’s  A Passage to India; George Orwell’s  1984 and  Ben Okri’s Dangerous Love. Some books were part of my syllabus and I literally fell in love with some of the characters due to a Cathartic effect, I shared with them.

Q. What are your favorite genres?

A. BA and MA days introduced me to different styles of poems, Shakespearean Dramas, Romantic Literature, Victorian era, Indian, American and African literature; Regional literature, Feminism and Dalit literature. I read anything under the sun but I love stoic characters, Woman-centric stories, fictions, tragedy and at times thrillers

Q. Any writing rituals you follow?

A. My stories are mostly woman-centric, general fictions or fanfictions. My mantra is to blend realism, humor, sarcasm, crime and love with Bollywood Chaska.  I am not a love story writer, though “LOVE” is a part; “LOVE DREAM FRIENDSHIP,” and “LOVE FOREVER”, exemplifies it.

When I started Love Dream Friendship it was mainly the description of events and dialogues. Later, I developed it and made it interesting by adding poems in between as I love playing with rhymes, I add my own quotes. I also took inspiration from a few beautiful Shayars from the Mumo group. With a humorous touch, I created Natasha and Dr Pam the two Shayars in Love Dream Friendship. My readers know exactly what they do? Add a lot of pictures be it of characters, food, arts or quotes, ornament my story.

Q. If you hadn't been writing then what would you be doing now?

A. Writing is like a tonic to me that is why I have LDF going on and on. I would be simply depressed without it. Can’t think of anything else but maybe making singing videos or uploading on FB or just whiling away my time.

Q. What message would you like to give to your readers through your stories?

A. LOVE DREAM FRIENDSHIP is about chasing Dreams, everlasting friendship, secularism, standing strong when you face so many failures in life.

Graveyard Knell is about overcoming fears after a struggling life.

Eddy meets Teddy is about struggles that my characters Teddy and Marilyn overcome. It is left halfway.

Love forever and Kehneko Humsafar is fanfictions that again talk of bonding, love, family, friendship and care…

I love Ronit Roy so he is my hero in most of my stories, but my characters have individual characteristics and not replicate of the Star.

On a lighter note,please don’t pull my legs with his name, a humble request.

Q.What doesn't kills you makes you stronger “ Please give your thoughts on the above quote.

A. My strong passion for writing with a strong optimistic spirit kills the negative monsters in me. I love my smile and that makes me stronger. I believe in chasing my dreams, expressing myself freely and don’t like lectures on my posts. I have seen life meticulously. My faith that something better is going to happen makes me stronger. When I was in college, I was on the drama team as a curtain raiser and my fellow classmates’ body shamed me. I never got roles to act but my professor liked my voice and I was given a small role of Goddess Kali. It was a Super Hit and all the mouth shut as my photo was published in TOI as a most photogenic face.  Same is with my spirit of writing. I write for people who love it. When, I feel depressed or demons of negativity attack, I change my mood and think about the best experiences I had in life. It keeps me going.

Q  Any question you had in mind, you want to give an answer for?

A. The question that I am always asked is how do you write so many stories at a time and have already written so many (More than 250 chapters of LDF?
Love Dream Friendship is my heart, a piece of my soul and I love my JK .  In my perception, it is a long soap like we enjoy on Sony or Zee with too many questions and answers.... so it is going on and on.... About writing other stories,   I write when imagination strikes me.  Hoping to complete at least two stories by the end of this year.

Wow! She's love.

Thank you so much dear Marilyn Evans.

Till then Keep writing

Fair Winds!