Episode 29: Communication gap

Ana was not in the mood to come to Rohit's place for dinner. She was hesitant to face Poonam and her mother- in - law. She was not in a mood to wear Saree and look like a traditional wife. She sent him a voice message that she is not keeping well and her neighbour aunty had already cooked for her.

Rohit did not check the phone.

He was facing a starting problem to talk to his mom. Auntyji was watching Kum Kum bhagya. The hero and heroine Abhi and Pragya of this serial
got married again. Here Rohit was scared to talk to his mom about legalising his wedding and calling few relatives at home for a reception.

"Maa, don't you think it is something funny." Rohit remarked impulsively.

"What is funny? "Maa asked in a loud tone.

Rohit, pointed towards the TV.

"It is a serial Rohit. What are you doing in your life? Your life is a live example of bursting tear glands serial. You have two wive and at the age of 50 you married a girl who is younger to you. Tum pe ek serial ban na chahiye. " (There should be a serial made on you)

Maa was now being sarcastic in tone. Rohit looked here and there. There came a break on the TV and Rohit said:

"Maa, I want to get Ana home. We are legalising our marriage next week and my lawyer friend is helping me with the paper work. "

His mother nodded. Her eyes were glued on television. Rohit wanted to talk further but he was helpless.

He went to Nikki's room to clear the mess. She was sound asleep in the evening hours.

He silently watched his baby sleeping and he cleared her room

He silently watched his baby sleeping and he cleared her room. He arranged her books in the shelf and placed the soft toys and accessories neatly.

He checked his voice message and tried to call up Ana. Karthik received her call and said Ana was in the washroom. The male sound on the other side electrified the shock waves of jealousy in Rohit. It must be Harry Somani, he thought. Ana had lied to him that she was unwell and partying with him. He was building cobwebs of doubt in him. He was suspicious. Was Ana playing a double game?

He called up Guri so that he can drink in peace. Guri was good in giving advicebut his friend was enjoying family time, watching a horror movie on Netflix. He had switched off his mobile.

Rohit was upset and angry. He was standing in the balcony wondering what was wrong in his life?

His mother got a cup of coffee for
him with his favourite Shrewsbury cookies.

His mother got a cup of coffee for him with his favourite Shrewsbury cookies

"Thank you Maa." Rohit said with a smile.

She patted his back and he sipped his coffee. It was the right time to talk to her and Rohit was loud...

"Maa I am not yet 50. I know it is little late to enjoy fatherhood now. Yet with my baby getting married, my responsibilities with my first marriage comes to a full stop and I don't know if it is a good news for you that Ana is pregnant! I know somewhere you feel, I am too old. I will be 50 in next two years. I am already a grandfather. What should I do Maa now? I want to be happy with Ana. "

Maa just left without uttering a word and Rohit knew Ana was still a stranger for his mom.

Nikki was just out of the bathroom and she heard the conversation. She felt sorry for her dad. She was angry with him for his second marriage. A bit jealous now with the new sibling to be born! But she was hesitant to study further. Her sister Bani was happily married. She wanted the same. She wanted Rohit to live in happiness and Ana is his breath and heart beat. She also wanted to give some space to her mom. She was enjoying life in tit -bits... Only dadi had to adjust somewhere.

She had tears in her eyes of happiness and sadness. Mixed feelings filled her mind. Rohit saw her and smiled. Nikki wiped her tears. She held his hands and went to her room.

She opened her cupboard and took something out

"Dad, this is for you. My dad is very handsome." Saying so she pecked his cheeks. Rohit saw it was his photograph beautifully framed in a Romantic way. It was crafted with silver butterflies and a heart shape was carved in. The heart was shredded with American diamonds. It was expensive.

"I loved it. But it is very costly? " Rohit exclaimed. He was waiting for Nikki to talk.

"Dad I know you feel it is very fancy stuff and hugely priced. It is not. I have learnt making frames from Ana. She is a good interior designer , no doubt but also a wonderful product designer. The decoration material was little bit costly but I bought it from my internship money. Sorry, dad I did not discuss about it with you. I wanted to surprise you with a gift. Next month income I will gift Mumma and then Dadi. "

"Nothing for Bani... Hah... Sibling rivalry. " Rohit frowned with this dialogue and Nikki smiled. She had actually not thought of her sister. Rohit and Nikki then went to shop and they had best father and daughter time. They were home for dinner but Rohit was again angry and gulped his anger. He ate silently.

"Hi Rohit, I am with Mr Somani." A voice message again flashed on his mobile.

His blood was boiling but Poonam messaged ...

"Rohit did you have dinner?"

"Yeah." Rohit replied.

He was missing Poonam now. He had never missed her before. May be he could have just understood her better. But then he remembered the Shakespearean dialogue from Macbeth :

"What is done cannot be undone. "

He repeated it twice and thrice. It is commonly said :

"What is meant will certainly happen and nothing can stop it. "

Keep reading
Keep loving
Keep voting

💖💖💖💖

PC: Cover designed by my friend Kiran (KD)

Coffee by my friend Neilesh.

Rohit from Fb fan page where I write and Nikki from instagram 😊😊