Episode 19: Understanding and bonding

"Why are you looking at me this way?  Do I look like a chudel(Witch)... " Ana asked Rohit.

Rohit was still not out of the complete shock. Ana grinned and sat beside him.  She sipped the extra coffee and munched the milk cream biscuits. She licked the cream and sipped the coffee.

The song played in the background in the restaurant, very apt to their situation.

" Oh Sanam Teri Aankhon ki kasam," and Rohit glared into Ana's eyes and slowly Ana winked at him.

"You said you were with Nikki and I don't understand what is going on? " Rohit questioned.

"Daddy, your daughter is a big girl and she told me everything. " expressed Ana.

Tears wetted her cheeks all of a sudden thinking about the fact that Rohit was unwell and had come out of a minor attack. What if she would have done... Just regretted if she had lost him for ever?

"Ana what happened? Did Nikki said I was dying? " Rohit asked touching her palms.

Ana pressed her index finger on his lips.  There was  complete silence while they finished and cleared the bill.

"I am sorry for everything. " Ana apologised.

"I think we can talk later. " Rohit said.

He was going blank.  There was emptiness and shortage of words.

Rohit and Ana called for a taxi. In the taxi Rohit closed his eyes and all the scenes from the past reeled in front of him.

" At times silence is a bliss and a kiss can say a lot. "

They reached their apartment and Rohit pulled Ana to a corner and kissed her lips. He was enjoying that moment though Ana was gloomy.

"I just can't live without you. " He hugged her tight, followed by another warm kisses.

"Rohit I am guilty and I promise, I won't ever go away from you. Leave you alone. Well don't expect me to say I will die for you bla bla bla... I am an emancipated woman. "

"OK Rani Laxmi Bhai... I don't expect that from you. " Rohit again kissed her.

Ana and Rohit were invited for dinner by Pami Aunty and she served authentic Rajma chawal, a sheer delight for Mr Mehra, a born Punjabi.

He was missing his mom now. His childhood memories were flashing in front of his eyes. His mother always cooked what he liked?  He was the only son pampered and loved. He was distracted when Maa called immediately.