Episode 2: The wrong and Rights

The scene starts in the hospital...

Jassi and Poonam reach the hospital. Poonam did not know that Rohit is in the ICU nor that she is here to see her Ex husband.  Jassi had told her that they are going to the grocery shop.  On the way, she lied that she was going to meet her friend who delivered a baby.  She did not have the courage to confess to Poonam that her Ex husband is unconscious and in ICU.

Guri bursted in to tears as soon as he saw Poonam entering the ICU floor.

Bhabhjidekho kya hogaya... Subeh toh Rohit kitna bala changa thaa...

Achanak yeh sab...

He hugged his wife Jassi and cried.

Poonam was zapped.  She did not know the scene. 

Kya hua Rohit ko,  she questioned with fear...

Though they were divorced, she loved Rohit,even today.  She always supported him when Ana left him alone.  After all she gave more than 20 years of her life to him.

She was scared and tears poured out from her eyes.  She was strong while signing the divorce papers but now, the thought of loosing Rohit choked her.

She ran towards the ICU...

But the visiting hours were over.  She wanted to see him...kiss his forehead. She too realised, somewhere she was responsible for him to walk away from her life.  Life was mechanical while she tried to be an ideal wife,  mother and Bahu....

In her struggle, she forgot there was something called Love that drives the chord of marriage. Like any middle aged couple there was lack of physical intimacy between the two. Both physical and emotional love plays a pivotal role in a journey of marriage. It is not a bed of roses. Men don't face hormonal imbalance. She had a guilt that she was responsible for their separation. This very thought, tourted her mind. 

She pretended to be happy and independent but within her heart, the broken heart 💔always carried the memories of Rohit.  The best time they spent and how they walked together in the journey called life have given many lessons to Poonam. She could never imagine that this can happen... She was cheated but she never cursed Rohit.  He was the only man in her life.

She now wanted some peace.  If it would have been other Woman,  she would have been happy. But Poonam was different. She wanted peace. God was her refuge.

She went to a temple and prayed sitting there for long hours to Lord Ganesh and Durga Maa.

She just had a prayer that Rohit should get well soon.  He should live a very healthy long life. 

She decided that once he is discharged, she will take good care of him and advice him not to drink.   She knew, he will listen to her as a friend.  She decided to warn Guri bhaisaab too that he won't tempt his brother like friend to drink,which is injurious to health.

She was distracted when Nikki called her up.  She complained Papa is not yet home.

Poonam told a lie to Nikki that Papa is travelling for some official work for few days. He is a CA after all. Nikki slept with her Dadi who stayed with Poonam and Rohit, both, taking turns.
Nikki stayed with Papa and Bani was abroad.  Bani had a little daughter named Blossom and the strong headed eldest daughter of Rohit Mehra was now not that stubborn girl.  She was happy in her marriage and living a family life.  Poonam and Rohit were happy for her.  They all stayed together when she visited India.  Their children never felt they were divorced.  They were separated as couples and no-one can separate them as parents. Poonam often told Nikki, when she got upset that they are divorced couples but not divorced parents.  Nikki wished if Papa and Mom got married again as five years have passed after Ana left him. But she kept mum as she did not want to hurt Papa.  She knew even Mom won't easily budge in that situation.

Mom was learning to be more independent now.

Divorce,  cancer ki tarah hoti hein jeena sikha dete hein was her mom's dialogue.   Life was complicated for both the estranged couples. Yet day by day their relationship matured.

Poonam wiped her tears and drove to the home where Rohit stayed.  She would go there at times yet she felt choked with Rohit and Ana memories. The accessories,  interiors, decor, paintings,  antiques,  artifacts,  even the small things there, connected to Ana. Without her around, Nikki had now kept a photo of her parents in her room.  She was fast asleep and Poonam took that photo and after so many years she cried out,thinking about their broken relationship.

Her mother in law woke up and asked her what is the matter?

Poonam hugged her like a daughter and said : Maa, Rohit, Zindagi aur maut ke beach lad raha hein... I wish Ana was here...

Rohit's mother faints and Nikki on the other end wakes up with a yell :

Mujhe Papa se milna hein...

She is crying loudly and Poonam, just couldn't control them.  The trio is upset and Nikki messaged Ana on messenger :

Ana,  please come back... Only you can save Papa...

Will Ana read her message?

Will she came back to India to get her Love and Life back?

Or Will Poonam and Rohit get united again?

What is in store for Rohit,  will death snatch him away?

Lot many questions to be answered....

Stay tuned with my version of the story

Kehne Ko Humsafar Hein...

PC: Google