Chapter 33

Jungkook looked at his ringing phone, Jimin's name flashing brightly across his screen. Ever since the two of them had come in contact about Taehyung they had been speaking almost daily to each other about who was going to visit the blonde and how Taehyung had been holding up that day. Whenever both of them weren't available they put Hoseok in the mix too, making the three of them now pretty much weekly visitors of Taehyung.

To say everything had been going easy from the start was a misunderstanding. Even though Jungkook and Jimin's intentions were right Taehyung clearly needed some time to get used to the frequent visits from the both of them. Sure he liked it but it was a lot to handle at once. He still wasn't used to the multiple visits he got a week but they didn't give him as much anxiety as they had done the very first days.

Don't get him wrong, it wasn't Jimin and Jungkook that gave him anxiety but the fear of getting used to the visits and then them suddenly stopping definitely did. He didn't want to get used to something he loved only for it to stop again, but now that Jimin and Jungkook had told him multiple times that wouldn't happen he was slowly getting more familiar with the frequent visits from the two.

Today had been different tho. Both Jungkook and Jimin had plans that morning so they had asked Hoseok to visit Taehyung in the morning, making it possible for Jungkook to pick Taehyung up in the afternoon for a small walk through the park across from the hospital.

Of course Hoseok had agreed, promising Jungkook he would call him when Hoseok did leave the hospital again. Only problem was that that hadn't happened yet but Jungkook had been ready for a mere 30 minutes now to go visit Taehyung. Sure he could go there and just join them but at the same time he didn't want to interrupt Taehyung's time with Hoseok and probably Taemin too. He knew what the two boys meant to Taehyung and he didn't want to come between that, giving him no other options then to wait until Hoseok finally called him.

A soft sigh left Jungkook's mouth while he walked over towards his ringing phone, Jimin's name still flashing brightly on the screen. The elder was probably gonna ask about an update on Taehyung, not knowing Jungkook didn't have one yet. Jungkook grabbed his phone from the table, instantly clicking the answer button while bringing the phone to his ear.

"Hey it's Kook." Jungkook answered shortly, his eyes roaming the street outside his house.

"It's Jimin, Hoseok called me a few minutes ago and you don't need to go to the ward anymore. Tae's all settled for today." Jimin started, Jungkook's heart instantly dropping down to his stomach. Visiting Taehyung had become a routine for him and knowing that he wasn't going to see the elder today did something to Jungkook. Something he couldn't quite place but it didn't feel very nice.

"Anyway, they took him to this ice cream shop down the block and they wanted to know if you liked to join them? Yoongi and I are going too." Jimin finished, his words instantly lifting Jungkook's mood again. Of course he wanted to visit, who wasn't up for ice cream? Within an instant Jungkook had agreed with the older boy and not much later he was on his way to join the little get together at the ice cream shop.

With a little skip in his step Jungkook turned the last corner towards the shop, already seeing the little group sitting at a table behind the window. It appeared he was the last to join but that didn't matter to the ravenette. He was glad they had asked him anyway, even though he wasn't that familiar with Hoseok and Taemin. Sure he knew them but he didn't know them really well. The conversations they had had were mainly about Taehyung and never about themselves but that didn't really matter to any of them. In the end of the day they were all there for Taehyung and that was all that really mattered.

With a big smile on his face Jungkook entered the shop, instantly walking towards the small group and taking place in the only free seat that was left. A seat next to Taehyung and across from Yoongi. "Hey guys!"

All of them immediately greeted the youngest of them all back, bright smiles on all of their faces while they continued their previous conversations.

"Kook." Taehyung's voice suddenly sounded next to him, making him instantly turn his attention towards the blonde. "I've ordered for you already, hope that's okay with you." Taehyung spoke shyly, a light red colour painted on his cheeks.

Jungkook gave the elder a small nod while patting Taehyung softly on his arm a few times. "Of course it's alright. Thanks."

Taehyung's face immediately turned an even brighter colour red while his smile slowly grew a little bigger. A soft laugh left Jungkook's mouth and he lightly placed his hand on Taehyung's arm, giving him a reassuring squeeze. Taehyung shortly locked eyes with Jungkook before he got back into his conversation with Hoseok and Taemin.

Jungkook's eyes lingered a little longer on Taehyung before he looked up at the table, instantly coming face to face with a smirking Yoongi. The eldest of them all had one eyebrow slightly lifted while he gave Jungkook a look that clearly read "really?" Not knowing where Yoongi was hinting at the ravenette gave him a look that screamed 'what the fuck are you talking about' while Jimin started to softly giggle besides Yoongi.

"Just friends, right?" Yoongi softly spoke while he nodded at Jungkook's hand that was still laying softly on Taehyung's arm. "You don't like it when people order for you Kook, you freaking hate it but when it's Tae it's not a problem at all." Yoongi whispered lowly, a playful tone in his voice. Oh how he wanted Jungkook to see what was happening between him and Taehyung for himself but the only thing Yoongi could do was drop these little hints at Jungkook to make him aware of his own actions, hoping the younger would pick them up eventually. Little problem, Jungkook was dense as fuck whenever it came to these things and even if he was aware about them he wouldn't acknowledge them for quite some time.

Jungkook slowly lifted his eyebrows while he looked from his hand to Yoongi and back. "You're delusional old man." The ravenette laughed lowly while he turned his head away from Yoongi and tried to follow the conversation going on next to them. He couldn't help it that Yoongi was seeing things that clearly weren't there. Taehyung and him were friends and nothing more, he couldn't help it that Yoongi couldn't see that.

Jungkook's eyes wandered shortly over the group before his eyes met shortly with Taehyung's, the blonde instantly giving him a big smile while he shifted a little in his seat. The blonde's arm fell back between them, making Jungkook's fall between them too since it was still laying on top of it. Jungkook's eyes shortly wandered between them, already missing the warmth Taehyung's arm had provided him.

Without thinking much more about it Jungkook focussed back on the group before him, his eyes slowly wandering over the familiar faces. A small smile fell over his face before he suddenly felt Taehyung's hand bump against his own, his eyes instantly looking towards Taehyung before he averted them back between them shortly. The blonde didn't give him much of a reaction so Jungkook's initial thought was that their hands had bumped on accident. Accidents could happen right, nothing weird about them. It happens to the best of us.

What wasn't an accident were the long warm fingers that wrapped themselves around Jungkook's hand a few seconds later.

____

A/N

Question of the chapter:
What's your favourite meal?

Please show some love for the story by:
* Voting
* Commenting

Follow my account if you want to keep updated about the story.