Chapter 26

Jungkook didn't know how it happened exactly but the crying Taehyung in his arms was enough to make the younger one focus on the blonde instead of his own thoughts. Heavy and loud sobs made their way out of Taehyung's mouth every few seconds and his breathing was completely out of control. Heartbreaking sounds made their way out of the blonde's mouth, sounds that started to make Jungkook even sad. He could almost feel the pain and agony that was leaving Taehyung's body. He knew this sounds way too well from the days his mother passed away. The cries for help but not knowing how people needed to help you. The cry for the pain to go away but it never leaving. The cry for somebody to understand you and just be there for you but nobody knowing how to help you.

The older boy was slightly shaking and thick tears dropped down his cheeks, wetting the ravenettes shirt where Jungkook had pushed Taehyung's face against.

Without thinking too much about it Jungkook wrapped the older a little stronger in his arms, trying to give him as much comfort as possible. Trying to just let him know that he was there. That Taehyung wasn't alone but that there was somebody to help him and give him comfort.

"It's okay, I'm here. You're not alone Tae. I'm here." Jungkook whispered while he pushed his cheek against Taehyung's blonde hair. One of his hands entangled in the elder's hair, pushing the blonde's head against Jungkook's chest and the other circled around Taehyung's back to keep him steadied. Deep sobs kept leaving Taehyung's mouth and the tears never stopped. The elder was beyond just crying out of sadness and Jungkook knew way too well how hard it was to calm down from such a state.

Back in the days both Namjoon and Yoongi had tried to comfort him when he had been crying about his mom but neither of them had ever succeeded. Both of them not knowing what to say or do to calm the younger down. From his own experience Jungkook had learnt that speaking wasn't of much use when somebody wasn't calming down yet, letting them know that you were there however was. While Yoongi and Namjoon might have thought that they didn't help at all Jungkook could still remember their tight hugs when the ravenette was crying. Just knowing that somebody was there had been enough for him and so he would do the same for Taehyung. He would just be another body that was holding the broken one, letting it know it wasn't alone in a time of great distress.

Taehyung's body kept shaking softly while from time to time a harsh shake went through his body due to a heavy sob that left his mouth. As if on automatic pilot Jungkook started to stroke the elder's hair, something his mother had done for him when he was little and had always helped him. "I'm with you Tae, it's okay to cry. Just know that I'm here, okay?"

Jungkook closed his eyes shortly, his own eyes filling with tears for the elder. As much as he hated people showing emotions Taehyung's emotions shot right through his heart. He didn't like seeing the always so bubbly and positive boy to look so vulnerable and broken. Sure there might be another side to Taehyung but it wasn't a pretty one and without knowing why Jungkook just wanted to see the blonde's pretty smile again.

The ravenette slowly opened his eyes again, almost instantly crossing eyes with a concerned Jackson and Jin. The younger had almost forgotten the two of them were still in the room while he had been the one who wasn't supposed to be here.

Jin's eyes darted from Jungkook to Taehyung and back before he slowly stood up and made it's way over to the pair. "Do you think you can get him up?"

Jungkook looked shortly at Taehyung, the boy's body still leaning against him but feeling anything but heavy. If he was calculating it right he should be able to lift Taehyung up with him if he was going to stand. The blonde was pretty skinny and while he was a bit longer than Jungkook he looked a whole lot less heavy. "I think I can if somebody steadies us so we don't fall over."

Jin gave Jungkook a short nod and not much later Jackson and Jin both stood on one of Jungkook's sides. The ravenette dropped his hand from Taehyung's hair and circeled both his arms around the elder's chest area to have a better grip on him. The blonde was still crying with his eyes closed and Jungkook was pretty sure he didn't know what was happening around him so the younger made sure to have a good grip on him to not let him drop. Dropping Taehyung was the last thing he wanted to happen to the blonde right now. He was broken enough already mentally, no need to break him physically too.

Jin and Jackson both took hold of one of Jungkook's arms and with a quick nod from the ravenette all three of them stood up from the ground. Taehyung getting lifted with them but not cooperating at all, making him ten times heavier than he really was.

Jungkook tightened his arms a little harsher on Taehyung's body and with a few quick steps Jin and Jackson had managed to get the pair moved towards Taehyung's bed, sitting Jungkook down while they steadied Taehyung's body against his. To be honest the position they were currently in was hella awkward. Jungkook sat down while Taehyung was leaning heavily against him, making him almost fall over with Taehyung's body above his. "Try to lay him on his bed." Jin's voice sounded pretty worn out. It was more than clear that the eldest of them all didn't exercise regularly and that lifting Taehyung had cost him quite some energy.

With the help from Jin and Jackson Jungkook managed to shuffle further on the elder's bed. His legs and feet now on it and his back pressed against the wall. Taehyung's whole upper body was still laying against Jungkook while Jackson made sure to put the blonde's legs on his bed too. The blonde was still sobbing pretty harshly although a little less then when Jungkook had entered the room. Jungkook's eyes drifted back to Taehyung, the boy's face a nasty red colour due to his salty tears and his eyes puffed. The elder had his eyes still closed but somewhere within their little movement Taehyung had grabbed Jungkook's shirt tightly within his fists. His knuckles turning an icy white due to the harsh grip. It looked almost like Taehyung was afraid to let go, that he was afraid Jungkook would leave him and that this was his way to make sure the younger one was staying.

Little did Taehyung know that leaving was the last thing on Jungkook's mind right now. Something within him told him to stay and comfort Taehyung and that would be exactly what he would do. The ravenette looked with caring eyes at the blonde in his arms, instantly tightening his grip a little around the elder while one of his hands found their way back in Taehyung's hair, softly stroking it to bring him a little comfort. Jungkook slowly placed his cheek back on Taehyung's head, completely surrounding the elder within his grasp and securing him as much as possible. "It's okay Tae, I'm still here."

A soft smile fell over Jin's face at the sight before him. Never had he seen Jungkook this caring and soft with somebody else, not even with Namjoon. The fact that it was Taehyung within the ravenette's arms made it all even better. Taehyung on the other hand didn't accept much skinship whenever he had a breakdown, the fact that he was laying within Jungkook's arms was a surprise to the eldest of them all but in a good way. He didn't know if it was the sudden action from Jungkook or the fact that Taehyung really trusted him which made him able to hold Taehyung right now but whatever it was Jin was happy for the blonde. He deserved somebody that would be there for him after all he had been trough.

If that person would be Jungkook Jin would be more than happy about it.

____

A/N

Question of the chapter:
What's your least favorite genre of music to listen to?

Please show some love for the story by:
* Voting
* Commenting

Follow my account if you want to keep updated about the story.