08: Gusion

"Ugh.."

Hibiki's groaning woke her up as her eyes adjusted to the dim lighting.

Elisha looked around seeing treasure everywhere on the red velvet carpet. The room was well decorated as well with different busts and paintings. On the walls were cities built differently than what she had seen within Fiore. She was fascinated by the room. Against the walls were tall bookcases filled with books she was dying to just read!

"I'd say you could read the books, but we're rather short on time."

Elisha turned to the center of the room to see the source of the voice.

A blue baboon?

"Welcome to my tower! I am Gusion, Djinn of the Past, Present, and Future!"

She stared at him with an unimpressed expression.

Hibiki stood up and stared.

"A baboon!"

"That is the form I have taken shape of, yes."

"Elisha! A talking baboon!"

The violet haired female let out a disappointed sigh.

"Let's get this over with. You have the intention to send only one of us home while the other prevents the return of Ill Ilah."

"Ill who? Elisha, what are you talking about?"

Gusion chuckled while folding his arms.

"This makes the job easier. Yes, I do have that said intention, but the reason this tower exists is for me to choose a King Candidate. Unfortunately, this world does not have a Magi to guide you here, so it was up to curiosity to bring you here. Never thought a woman would be the one that was suitable for the job."

Hibiki frowned and asked, "So...how long will she even be gone for?"

"I cannot say. It depends on how quickly she can do the job. Also, if you are to accompany me, I'll need to attach myself to a metal vessel."

Elisha nodded and summoned her bow.

"I prefer using this."

"Hold on Elisha! Are you sure about this? I'm willing to take your place."

"Hibiki, you would give yourself away and your need to make women feel good about themselves isn't exactly what Gusion needs to take care of the job. I've read the books. I'll be fine and I promise I won't be gone for too long. Just give me about a year and I'll be back before you know it."

The male was rather hesitant. He cared for Elisha. How could he let her go on this journey all alone?! More importantly, how would everyone back at Fairy Tail feel once they got back? She wouldn't be there to welcome them back from their trials.