05: Alma Torran

It was quiet as Elisha slowly opened her eyes.

She was floating in what looked like space, looking down on the world she lived on.

“Where am I?” she asked herself hearing her voice echo around her.

Not really thinking, her arm stretched out before her and a bright light engulfed her blinding her vision.

The light was warm, but easily faded as her vision became clear.

Elisha was in the middle of what looked like a hallway.

In the hallway, chairs were on the side with books stacked to the ceiling, there were paintings on the wall of groups of people, but more importantly was a brown, worm-like, creature getting off a chair wearing glasses.

“Um, excuse me, but can you tell me where I am?” she asked cautiously.

“I see you're awake. Please follow me. You have a friend waiting for you in the main library. There, I shall explain everything.” it said.

Elisha let that sink in. The worm spoke and more importantly, the creature looked rather well educated! If flying cats known as Exceeds weren't weird enough, this topped the cake!

Carefully getting up, the violet haired mage followed the strange creature down the hallway through a large archway.

“ELISHA!!!”

Elisha felt pale as she saw Hibiki run to her.

The male pulled her into a hug and was practically rubbing his scent all over her like a lost puppy.

“Don't you ever run off like that again! I spent two days trying to figure out how you even got in here.”

Two days? She had only recently entered the dungeon, so how could two days have gone by already?!

“Wait, did you say two days?” she asked.

Hibiki said, “Of course! When I woke up, I thought you got kidnapped or something else like getting eaten alive!”

“Now you're just over exaggerating.”