22: Truly Alone

"Elisha! Morgiana! Aladdin! Hakuryuu!"

Was that Alibaba calling out their names? Elisha couldn't move. Everything hurt. Breathing hurt. The sound of fighting filled the air as her eyes remained closed. Why couldn't she move? Just who were these guys?

Upon exiting the tower, Alibaba still hadn't arrived when she saw the others. The villagers were so happy to be free, but their happiness was destroyed when three men arrived. Trying to defend the villagers, Morgiana, Aladdin, Hakuryuu, and Elisha weren't strong enough to defeat them. The fight before had drained too much energy from them.

"Master!"

What was Alibaba talking about? Her eyes still wouldn't open. She wanted to fight and protect everyone. Everything she had trained for wasn't just for her to give up here! Just then, pain rushed through her as she felt something grip around her. Her eyes shot open to see three men she didn't recognize.

"This must be Elisha. Ithnan wants to kill you and yet still wants you alive. What's so special about you?"

The hand around her squeezed her. She felt something snap within her as the tears fell. Elisha was pretty sure she had broken her arm, but which arm was the question.

Within a second after her scream, the pain around her vanished and a strong pair of arms held her gently. Her blurry vision looked up to see reddish pink hair.

"Ma..srur.."

Setting her down with the others, he vanished as Alibaba did his best to wrap her arm in a sling.

"Don't worry Elisha, they'll take care of them!"

Elisha closed her eyes. Not showing it, she was angry with herself for not being strong enough to continue fighting. She was still weak in terms of whom she was comparing herself to. Compared to them, Elisha was still below their level.

~~~

The smiles of everyone surrounded her. She couldn't smile though. Elisha walked around in the shadows with the sling Yamuraiha had made after Alibaba's quick one didn't last long. From the shadows, she could see Alibaba and Aladdin enjoying themselves despite what had happened.

"Wouldn't you rather be with friends than to be alone?"

Elisha turned around and saw Jafar.

"They seem to be doing just fine without me around. Besides, shouldn't you be with your husband?"

"Funny, but Sinbad requested that I find you. Many have noticed your absence. This is a banquet and you should be having fun."

"I just need time for myself."

"Even if it means pushing Terra away? He's the most concerned about you and might I add, Judal had some things to say that have made you rather suspicious."

Elisha froze and wondered what that magi had even said.

"He said something about how the Rukh don't flock to you even though you use magic. It's like you're not supposed to exist at all. To be honest, you've become suspicious based on these accusations."

"I...I can't deny what Judal has said. The rules of this world doesn't apply to me and yet they do. As I continue to stay here and not go home, the rules start to apply to me. I can't use the magic I once learned very well. This place isn't home. None of my friends are even here, so how can I truly have fun without having them here to share it with?"

Jafar was going to continue until her last sentence.

It was obvious Elisha was homesick and had been keeping a facade for everyone. He let out a small sigh.