No place but Home

Episode 10: No place but Home

Marcie POV

So apparently I need to memorize a bunch of people who may or may not want to kill me. Great, just when I thought life was getting better.

Roman and I snuck out the office after going over the "Enemy Book" with Damion for an hour. We made our way to the kitchens hoping to get some snacks.

Roman entered the kitchen first checking to see if the coast was clear. He waved his hand and I followed quick behind him. We grabbed the essentials and hightailed it out of there.

I giggled when he almost fell overexaggerating his ninja walk. He pouted before his eyes lit with mischief. He made to grab me before I turned tail and ran up the stairs, snacks close to my chest. I wasn't going to be caught and I sure as hell wasn't going to leave my food behind.

I cleared the second floor landing when I bumped into a hard surface. I peeked from under my lashes and almost squeaked at the glare pointed at me. Tall meanie alert!

The tall meanie glowered at both Roman and I as we guiltily hid the snacks behind us. I began to back away and just as we would have gotten away, Aaiden appears.

"What are you guys doing?"

I squeaked.

Like a mouse caught in a trap, I squeaked. *face palm*

Behind me Aaiden stood with Damion and his Beta Kaiden. Kaiden was a cool dude once you got past the glare and all the tattoos. (A/N:Haven is a lucky fella.)

Aaiden had his arms crossed and a stern look pointed at me and Roma.

"Oh we were just going to watch a movie. That's all."

"We just had to get some snacks before we did."

I could see his lips twitch as he fought not to laugh at the situation. Well I hope it was to laugh. The tall meanie stayed silent and I have a feeling he's mindlinking Aaiden everything. I pouted at the unfairness. I wanted to be able to do that too.

Roma started inching  away while Aaiden was talking to tall meanie. I followed him and grabbed Damion on the way. Kaiden shrugged and followed too for the hell of it. We all made it to the Theater and got comfortable for an unplanned movie night. Just as the movie started and the snacks were mostly devoured, Aaiden joined us. I scooted over and made room for him in the front surrounded by me, Roma, and Damien.

When Aaiden went to steal some of my snacks. I smacked his hand. Kaiden snickered but quieted quickly when Aaiden shot him a glare. I snatched my food away and just gave him what I wasn't going to eat any time soon. It hurt me to do it all the same.

We settled in for the movie and I was happy for once. It was all moving too fast but I didn't mind it at all. There was nothing for me at home. My mom could handle herself and she was too busy with her life to miss me.

Here I was noticed and I served a true purpose. I wasn't just going to fade into the background anymore, much as I wanted to. Or at least used to.

--------------------------------

Unknown POV

The Alpha has found himself a set of mates. This will spread fast and reach the Council just in time I hope, for the changing of the tides. The currents of change are moving rapidly towards the Northwestern Region of Leasuria. It is time for a new leader.

Soon they will be ripped from each other. Forced to endure the break in of their mate bond. One or more may die in the process but not the Alpha. He will live and soon forget about his mates. I will be there to pick up the pieces and comfort him as his true mate.

I will take my place at his side, ready to fend off the advances of all who seek to steal the mantle he holds. He will love me and we will be happy.

Always.

---------------------------

Author's Note:

I really love you guys. This chappy is short because I've added more information on some pre-written chapters. They will all be posted soon after this one.

If you actually read the AN above then leave a like or comment "Read"

If not then...ah well, you didn't miss much.