Beta and Rogue?

Episode 3: Beta and Rogue?

Third POV

"You can't do that!"

The sound of shouting voices and howls shocked Aaiden out of his peaceful sleep. His mates lay peacefully by his side seemingly dead to the world. The constant shouting got louder as whoever entered his packs territory was sighted by the sentries. Aaiden carefully detangled himself and dressed to see the commotion.

As he left the cottage the scent of rogues and his patrol unit came closer. His wolf hearing allowed him to pinpoint the pounding of paws in the underbrush. Bracing for an attack but not shifting he waited. Aaiden was silently hoping that this was a quick problem easily fixed. He longed to be back in bed with his mates. Already he could hear them stir as they realized he wasn't there. The rogues skidded to a halt in front of him and knelt in a form of submission. Their bow of respect threw the sentries off a bit before they regained their composure.

"State your business."

The oldest of the three spoke with a confident air, "We are from a neighboring pack. We are here because we were just attacked and we were told to run to the North until we reach the Rage Pack."

"Who sent you, " he growled and the dominance behind it caused one of the smaller wolves to whimper. He softened his tone only slightly and noticed how his Beta seemed to inch closer to the rogue and they visibly calmed.

"The Crescent Pack, sir."

He was curious as to how the mating of his Beta and the "rogue" would turn out. Mindlinking his Third to send warriors to the aide of the Crescent pack, Aaiden rushed inside to find his mates cuddled up talking. And suddenly Marcie was frantically running around.

Marcie POV

I woke up covered in heat. Two sets of arms wrapped around me and I felt like I was in a furnace wrapped in the sun. I pushed one arm off of me and succeeded in sitting up only to be dragged back down. Don't get me wrong, I love cuddling but not when I'm being cooked. FOR JACKS SAKE LET ME FREE!

I struggled before giving up and looking to see who kept me captive. A pair of expressive green eyes stared at me and seemed to swallow me whole. They were alight with joy and love? I looked away in embarrassment only to face another pair of eyes.

These were green as well but darker. As I stared they darkened even more and seemed to blaze with a different light. This light I recognized from looking at Aaiden and I really wanted to disappear under the covers. My face seemed to heat the entire bed as those eyes moved back revealing a naked torso. This same naked torso could be seen on my other side and I briefly wondered if it was normal for people to walk around half naked in this place.

Wait a minute, where am I? Did I get sold to someone? Kidnapped?