Part 10

The day is slow and full of thoughts of angry Neal. He seemed so jealous about my going out with Jackson. It's an innocent drink, and I doubt anything will come of it.

I text Jackson 20 minutes before work is over and tell him where to meet me tonight. He texts back a thumbs up and I can't help but giggle. Neal isn't wrong, Jackson is definitely not the most upbeat person, but he's a nice guy. I could use a nice guy around for once. My taste in men isn't exactly the best. First it was a guy who cheated on me with my friends, and now it's a married dominant. Go me.

I stare at my phone, wishing Neal would say something. I don't like how we ended our conversation earlier, but with how he acted I don't want to text him first.

I grab my things and head out to go get ready for my "date" with Jackson tonight. The minute I get to my apartment I scream for Angela. She comes rushing out of her room, half of her hair curled, and she's shirtless.

"What? What's wrong?" She asks, clearly flustered.

"I have a date thing or whatever tonight and I need help picking out the sexiest outfit possible and I figured you'd be the one to have that kind of outfit."

"No shit, go check my closet." I thank her as I run past her and into her room. I walk into her walk in closet and look for something revealing but not too slutty. "Weren't you just crushing on Neal?" She asks as she sits back down at her vanity to curl the other half of her head.

"A bit, but it won't happen. He's married and you know what, I need to start making smart choices for once."

"It's about time you realized that Jess." She smirks and I throw a hideous green tank top at her.

"What about this?" I ask her as I hold up a knee length red dress with a V line that would definitely get the attention i'm seeking.

"Try it on." She says. I strip out of my clothes and slide on the dress. Angela looks shocked at my appearance. "Even I'd have sex with you," 

I laugh. "Really?"

"Yes! Wear that shit, show off the boobs that took you forever to grow!"

"Shut up. Once they grew in they ended up bigger than yours." I say. She rolls her eyes and focuses back on her hair.

My phone buzzes and it's Jackson. 

"Wanna meet a little early?" He texts. I smile and respond with a thumbs up. 

NEAL'S POV

I sit at my desk sipping my fifth glass of whiskey. I don't like that Jessica is going to be out with Jackson; the dull, horribly enthusiastic about stupid things writer that I wish I had a reason to fire. To top it all of, I've gotten 3 texts from my ignorant wife asking if we can meet and talk at my penthouse. I haven't responded, and I don't care to. All I can think about is Jessica in that snippy fucks arms.

I don't care. She was just a potential submissive. A potential distraction. I'll find someone else. Someone better.

My phone starts buzzing with Rebecca calling me. 

"What, Rebecca." I say into the phone.

"It's your mother's birthday tomorrow, and we are attending the party together. We might as well figure our issues out before then, don't you think?" She says. I almost laugh at her desperation. She's always been more interested in being close to my family than to me, and it really shows.

"I'm not going with you. You're going alone." I hang up before she can say anything else. I don't want to talk to her. I'll call my mother later and tell her I want to treat her to breakfast for her birthday because I have a meeting or something. I can't handle all the pathetic fucks that i'd see at her party. My mother hates parties, so I find it odd that my father is even throwing her one.

I look at my phone and instantly get pissed off at the fact Jessica hasn't said anything to me since earlier today. She's probably out with that Jackson fuck right now. I wish I knew where exactly. I'd show up just to scare his ass into leaving. Matter of fact, I could probably guess where they're going knowing Jess.

JESSICA'S POV

"Jackson!" I see him sitting at a table and I join him, my outfit immediately catching his eye, and Neal immediately catching mine. He is sitting next to Jackson, drink in hand and a smile on his face.

"Glad you could join us!" He says, taunting me.

"What are you doing here?" I say through my teeth. "I'm here to hangout with Jackson, not you,"

"Well," he shrugs. "You're stuck with me here, too."

"Leave, Neal." He laughs.

"I am not going anywhere," he slurs. It suddenly hits me that he's drunk. I look at him and roll my eyes, annoyed that he even bothered to hunt me down this way.

"I'm sorry about this." I say, sitting next to Jackson. A few moments later a waitress comes to take my drink order. I order a simple margarita, and some cheese curds to please my growling stomach.

"What we having?" Neal says, plopping back down into his seat. He peaks up at me, innocently as he sips at his scotch.

"I don't mean to be rude sir," Jackson starts. "But this is sort of a.."

"A date? Nah, it's a joke." Neal says.

"Excuse me?" I say.

"You're using him. To what, piss me off? Well it's not working."

"I'm not using anybody. You're delirious." Neal stands up, and I stand up too. I need to show him i'm not afraid of him or what he could possibly have to say.

"He is a joke. He's some small, weird little man who had absolutely nothing on me. Nothing on the way only I can make you feel." He says, his face close to mine.

"What?" Jackson says, confused.

"Nothing, he's just drunk."

"That's not it and you know it. What about when we were at my place?"

"What the hell?" Jackson's reaction has made it obvious he's catching on to what is going on.

"I'm sorry about this. I have to get him out of here. I'll call you!" I say, grabbing Neal's arm and practically dragging him outside as he waves goodbye to everyone he sees.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" I shout as we get outside.

"You. You're being childish trying to piss me off like this."

"Me? Look what you did! You showed up here and ruined my date!"

"That was a very sad date."

"Shut up. It would've been a hell of a lot better if you hadn't shown up." He raises his eyebrows.

"It's not my fault. I can turn you on by just a look and he couldn't turn you on even if his dick was in-"

"Stop! Jesus!" I say, running my hands through my hair. "Go home."

"No. I'll only go to your home." He slurs, walking towards me. He rests his hands on my hips, sending chills down my spine with only a touch.

"No. Home to your wife." His expression falls, and I push his hands off my hips. I walk away from him, and from what he wanted from me.

"Jess!" He yells. I ignore him and keep walking, knowing he's going home to his wife and showing her the love I once wished he would've shown me.

"Jessica?" I turn around and see Jackson standing there, smiling.

"Oh, hey, I am so sorry." I say, facing him.

"You and the boss?" He shoves his hands in his pockets.

"It's not like that. It happened before he was married, it's all very ancient." I lie.

"I'm glad. I was worried I truly had no chance." He laughs.

"Don't worry." I gesture for him to follow me, knowing that it's a mistake.

Don't forget to VOTE! Comment your thoughts and send love❤️