Part 1

Deep breaths. Deep breaths.

I repeat the words in my head, trying to keep myself calm. I don't want to be all sweaty for my interview.

"Ready?" Angela asks. Angela is my roommate, slash best friend. We have been friends since second grade, even though it feels longer than that.

"I think so, I mean, I'm nervous yet ready."

"Good."

I pick up my bag and hook it around my shoulder. "Shit. I forgot to call Mr. Greyson and thank him for getting me this interview, my dad told me to before I went to it."

"Mr. Greyson? The dad of Neal Greyson? The guy you've had a crush on since like...birth?"

"I don't have a crush on him..anymore. I haven't seen him since his wedding, which was 5 years ago."

"How old is he?"

"25."

"Wow. He married young."

"Well he was in love, Ang. I got to get going. I'll just call Mr. Greyson on the way."

"Okay, remember, deep breaths, no sweating, no stuttering." Angela tells me, pointing her finger in my face.

"Okay."

Angela holds the door open for me and I stumble out, nearly falling.

"Don't do that, either."

"Gotcha."

The building is large. There are 3 different flights of stairs all leading to different parts of the building.
I cautiously walk to the stairs in between the others and take one step at a time, nervous they might break, with my luck. They look like glass. I can barely understand how there isn't all sorts of scratches on them.

The waiting room is magnificent. There's a flat screen television with a table packed with fresh fruit next to it. The chairs are black leather, with a cup holder on one of the arm rests. I sit down slowly, still shocked at the decor of this place.

"Miss. Mallin, Mr. Henry is ready for you. Down the hall, first door on your right." A blue eyed blonde tells me.

I walk down the long hallway and enter the first room to my right. The office is bigger then the waiting room. Each side of the room is a window wall, the bright light from the day shining into the room.

"Miss. Mallin, please take a seat."

I do as he says and sit down on the blue leather couch across from his desk. He's in his early forties, gray hair, brown eyes, and a intimidating face.

He asks a series of questions. The more he asks, the more I can feel my body warming up in sweat. I answer quickly and professionally, hiding my fear.

20 minutes later, the interview is over. I got him to laugh a few times, and he said I'm very well qualified to work there as a journalist. This business is the best known and most loved in the state. The fact that I even got an interview here is a miracle.

"Thank you Mr. Henry." I shake his hand and let myself out.

As I reach the stairs, I hear someone call my name and turn around to see Neal Greyson, walking smoothly down the hall right towards me.

"I knew I recognized you." He says with a smile on his face as he reaches me. "You should get away from the stairs,"

"Oh, right." I walk closer to him, my eyes failing to look anywhere but at him. I knew he was hot, but now, he's in a business suit, his hair got longer, and his eyes glow. It's like a whole new Neal from the last time I saw him.

"It's nice to see you again, It's been awhile."

"5 years."

"Let's go to my office, I'd love to catch up if you don't mind."

"Oh, sure, yes I'd love too." He smiles kindly at my stuttering as my cheeks heat up.

"This way," He turns around and leads me to his office.

He opens his office door and gestures for me to go in. His office is the same as Mr. Henry's, but decorated differently. There's a black couch against the back wall. He has red curtains on the windows, but they are all slightly open. It makes the room feel weirdly warm and comfortable.

"Please, have a seat. Would you like a water?"

"Yes, please." I sit on the couch and cross my legs, pulling my skirt more down my thighs.

"Here." He hands me a small bottle of water with a smile on his face.

"Thank you."

"So, how have you been?"

"Pretty good, actually. Did you know your dad got me the interview here?"

"Yes, I'm the one who arranged it."

My eyes widen. "What? You did?"

"Yes,"

"Why? I mean, I'm grateful, thank you, but why?"

"Because, you're an old friend and I hadn't seen you in a long time. Plus, your father was telling me how badly you wanted a job like this since college and I wanted to help out."

"Well, thank you, it means a lot to me."

"No problem."

"How's your marriage? Any kids in the works yet?" I ask, knowing I sound like a douche even asking.

"It's good, no kids though. We were trying for a few months but have had no luck just yet."

"I'm sure you will soon,"

"I hope so. Rebecca is dying for a baby."

He looks down, tapping his finger on the arm rest.

"Aren't you?"

"Aren't I what?"

"Dying for a baby? The screaming and waking you up every 10 minutes?" I smile, trying to lighten the conversation.

"Oh, right, I'm sorry.. I honestly don't know. The idea of being a father is..exhilarating, but it's also absolutely terrifying." He admits.

"I'm sure it is. Why don't you tell Rebecca that? I'm sure she would understand. You two are still young, there's plenty of time to have a baby."

"I agree, but we have been married 5 years, a baby is kind of what Rebecca planned for us at this time. After a few years of marriage, have a baby. I pushed the whole baby thing back 2 years because I started getting successful with the business but now that we are all settled down, she thinks it's time."

He peeks up at me, his baby blue eyes shining in the light. His expression is full of mystery, its an expression even I can't figure out the meaning of.

"Here," He hands me a slip of paper with a number on it. "That's my number, you should call me sometime soon perhaps? We could get lunch or something. To catch up further. I have a meeting now, but, I'd definitely love to see you again." I smile at him.

"Yes, of course." I stand and straighten out my skirt. "It was nice seeing you again, I'll see you soon." I walk to the door and push it open.

The blonde receptionist gives me a hard long glare before I disappear out of her sight and begin walking down the stairs.

I make my way outside and find my car, still trying to process the fact that Neal is here.

I hop in the drivers seat and sigh.

Maybe I do still have a little crush on Neal Greyson.

VOTE AND COMMENT.
Updating soon. :)
This is a new sort of book for me. A BDSM story isn't usually what I write about, but I'm all for trying new things! And I had this story idea earlier today! Hope you enjoy it.
Love you guys.
xx SomeGirl