Part 3

"Are you excited for your first day of work Monday?" I ask. I suddenly feel stupid for considering asking her into submission. She's been my friend since I was little. She's close with my family, her parents and my parents hang out every other day. I see her at holiday meals and events for work because my father invites her.

Would it be awkward in the later years if we did this? If she agrees, I know I'll be overjoyed, but I don't want it to ruin the friendship we've made over the years. We may have lost touch for awhile, but she's still a trusted, amazing friend to me.

Her first day is next Monday. I have less then a week to figure out what I want from her.

Submission or friendship.

"Yes yes, very.." She says in a low, sleepy voice.

"That's good, we're excited to have you."

She doesn't answer.

"Jess?" I say, but the line remains silent.
She fell asleep. Am I that boring? 

I lightly chuckle and whisper goodnight before hanging up and sending her a text.

"Goodnight, Jessica. See you Monday. xx 
- Neal"

...

JESSICA'S POV

"Wake your ass up!" I hear Angela yell inches away from my face.

My eyes flicker open and I glare at her.

"What time is it?"

"5:30, but you promised to go on a run with me last week remember?"

Shit. I did promise that. She's been pushing me to get out for a good run for awhile now but I always refused. I only said I'd go so she would shut up.

"Come on, get up, get ready,"

"Ugh." I groan while rolling out of bed.

I walk to my closet and grab running shorts and a plane white shirt, putting both on before slipping into my black nikes.

When I get out to the living room Angela is running in place. "Ready?" She asks.

"I guess,"

"Let's go!" She jogs out the door, and I follow close behind her.

Once we get outside we begin running along the side of the road. There's no cars, surprisingly. Every now and then one will pass by, otherwise the road is empty. Its peaceful. 

"So, how's your lover?" She smirks.

"He is not my lover, he's my friend."

"Don't you still like him? I mean, he's hot and originally yours,"

"It's not all about looks Angela. And if I was supposed to have been with him it would have happened you know? But he's married now. And they're trying for a baby. He's going to have a family."

"Fuck that." She laughs.

"What?"

"You mentioned before that his wife lives in a different state and he's here a few days a week for work while she's home, I mean, she's probably already cheating on him!"

"She loves him, she's faithful. I think, I mean I don't know but I've met her enough to know she's really nice. I was her bridesmaid for fucks sake."

"But you hate her."

"Yeah and I don't know why!"

"Because she's married to your man?"

"He's not my man Ang."