Part 8

NEAL'S POV

I take her to an old taco shop we use to go to as kids. Her eyes fill with joy as we walk inside, the familiar view surrounding us. She rushes up to greet Antonio, the owner, and place her usual order. Two soft shell tacos, everything on it, except onions. She hates onions.

She looks at me and waits for me to order as she admires how much the place has changed. I order the same as she did and add some chips and salsa for us. We get cups for drinks and head over to the fountain to get some pops.

After we get our food, we take a seat at the back corner table and she devours her tacos. I can't help but stare at her as she licks her lips and finished her first one in under 60 seconds. She isn't shy, which I love.

"It has been so long since i've been here." She says between bites of her last taco.

"I figured you'd enjoy it. I still come here a lot." I say. She tilts her head. Her long brown hair brushing along her arm and chest.

"That's shocking, actually. A big time business man coming to a what some people call, sketchy area? Just for tacos?" I laugh and sip at my pepsi. She isn't wrong, this part of town isn't exactly the safest or the best looking, but the people are nice and the food is good, so I don't mind. I just don't drive my best cars down here.

"I don't mind it. I've come here since I was young, and have some of the best memories here with family. Plus, Antonio needs me. I'm the best tipper." I wink, earning me the pleasure of her giggle. She laughs like she's a child, and I could listen to it all day and not get tired of it. I need more people around who are like her. Funny, fun to fuck, and know me well.

"I'm sure he adores your hundreds stuffed in the top jar." I nod and grab a napkin.

"Well, I'm successful, obviously rich, and I don't really need the money. He does. His family does. I come here mostly to give the tip." She smiles at my words. It feels odd coming from my lips. The real reason I come here is to help Antonio and his family pay their bills by stuffing hundreds in the tip jar. He insists on smaller bills, but I never give anything less.

"Who knew you could be so sweet." I shrug.

"You don't think i'm sweet?"

"I think you're hard to read now days. You're not as, talkative as you once were. You're a lot different." She widens her eyes implying the fact that i'm a dominant now, not a child afraid of getting "cooties" from girls.

"Well, change is good isn't it?"

"In some people, yes. Just didn't expect the sweet little boy you once were to be this dominant man who is married to may I say, a complete spazz of a woman."

"Well, being married was not part of my plan. I wanted to fuck whoever, whenever. I mean, I still do. I just mean I wanted to do it single. Hopefully I will be soon."

"Are you getting a divorce?" She asks.

My mind swirls at the word. Do I want a divorce? No clue. I just know that Rebecca isn't my happy place anymore. She's my darkness.

"Maybe. Probably. We have different interests. Different plans for life we should've discussed before getting married. We rushed into this marriage thing without thinking it through. Now I feel trapped because of how wealthy her family is. I worry she will just fuck me over somehow. Plus, our parents are so close. It's a shit situation."

"Well, considering your interest that she has absolutely no clue about; you may want to consider a divorce there bud." I laugh at her as she wipes her mouth. She's not wrong. Per usual. 

"Ready to go?" I ask her. She nods and scoots out of the booth. I offer her my hand as we make our way back out to my car. I hold the door open for her and rush to the drivers side.

I speed down the road and make my way to the park with a million flowers. I feel like walking, and the path is calming. Quiet.

"Are you a romantic?" She asks, staring at the flowers surrounding us as I park.

"No, I just like quiet. Around here, I rarely hear a voice. There's lights going down the path, and flowers absolutely everywhere. I want to show you something." We get out of the car and I guide her down the path until we read a tall tree along the way.

"Look," She looks at the initials carved into the tree.

"NG & RT."

"I carved my name here when I was on my first date with Rebecca, and have come here often to reminisce on the days where she wasn't this annoying and needy." 

"You love her?" She asks. I look at her curious eyes and glance back at the tree.

"I use to. Not as much as one should love the person they want to have their children though. I don't feel connected to her. That's why... I do what I do. I feel lonely, like I constantly need someone who will listen to me. Won't ask much of me other than for me to fuck them whenever they want. Whenever I want. I guess my purpose for showing you is to remind you that I do have a heart, it just isn't there with Becca anymore. I just want different things. A new path, eventually."

How could anything top this? Jess isn't just someone I fuck, she's also my friend. One of my best friends. I can tell her anything and she listens without judgment. Usually. 

"That's all it is to you? Sex?"

"That's all its meant to be, Jess."

"That's not how I pictured myself. A sub?" She chuckles. "That isn't me. This isn't me at all, but i've been considering trying it for that exact reason."

"Optimistic?"

"Of course, Neal. Who am I if not curious?" 

I laugh and guide her back down the path. I want to go home and sleep off the idea of a divorce. I love my wife, and hate her at the same time.

"Calling it a day?" She asks, a smile still in her eyes.

"Yeah, I need to think some things over. And so do you." She rolls her eyes and walks back to the car without me. I take one last look at the tree with our sad old initials and make my way to the car with the woman I want around more than I want my own wife around.