Chapter Five

Demi's POV.

I was so happy to finally see my family again, don't get me wrong, I love my job, it's just that it's hard being away from my family most of the time.

Now I had a whole year off, only for me and my family, I haven't spoken to any of them lately, except for Dallas.

When we spoke on the phone last week, she seemed nervous, I asked what was going on, she told me it was something important and didn't want to talk about it on the phone.

That was weird, Dallas usually is not like that, but I guess I would have to wait till I got home.

☆Later☆

I finally got home, the driver helped me carry my bags to the front door, I heard laughter, it was dinner time, I assumed that they were dining.

I thanked the driver and paid him, I looked for the key that was in my purse and opened the door, I immediately felt the pleasant smell of my mom's homemade pasta.

- Honey I'm home! - I said joking and smiling.

My smile grew on my face when Maddie came running to hug me. I hugged her for a while and she pulled away.

- I missed you - she said.

- I missed you too baby, where's everybody? - I asked her.

- In the dining room meeting Dani - she said smiling.

- Dani? Who's Dani? - I asked her confused.

- Y- you don't know? - she asked.

- know what? - I asked her.

- Oh my God, you don't know... - she whispered.

- Know what? Madison what's going on? - I asked firmly.

- Maybe you should go talk to Dallas. - she said running back to the dining room, I followed her.

- Hey - I said entering the room.

- Baby! I missed you so much! - my mom said hugging me.

- I missed you too momma. - I said hugging her back.

- How was your flight? - my dad asked me after kissing my forehead.

- Ugh exhausting. - I said, I looked the girl sitting between Dallas and Maddie, she looked alot like me.

It Formed an awkward silence, the girl, who I guess is Dani, seemed nervous and scared.

- Demi can we talk, please? - Dallas asked.

- Now? - I asked.

- Yes - she said avoiding eye contact with me.

- Okay - I said calmly.

- Maddie, why don't you go eat in your room with Dani? - my mom told Maddie.

- Sure, c'mon Dani - Maddie said getting up with her food, followed by Dani.

- What's going on? - I asked.

- it's about Dani - Dallas said looking at her hands.

- Maddie's friend? What about her? - I asked confused.

- She's not Maddie's friend, well she is now but... - Dallas tried to explained but I interrupted her.

- Just say it Dallas, everybody is freaking me out! What's the mistery? - I asked pissed off.

- Do you remember Patrick got married 2 years after the divorce? - Dallas said.

- Yeah, I remember, we never met his wife though. - I said.

- His wife's name was Devin, Devin Edwards, she died 9 years ago. - my mom talked for the first time in this... "meeting".

- Why are you guys telling me this? Patrick is dead, and I don't wanna know anything that has to be with him. - I said.

- This is important Demi, please just listen - Eddie said calmly.

- Just say it, damn it! - I said angry.

- Language - my mom said.

- I'm 22!!! - I said exasperated.

- I don't care if your 70, married and with grandchildren, I'm still your mother. - she said.

- Can we talk about what is important here?! - Dallas yelled. I just nodded. - Sorry mom. - she apologized.

- It's okay Honey, continue. - mom said.

- Demi, When Patrick and Devin got married, they had a baby girl... She's 15 now...We have another sister Demi. Danielle is our sister. - Dallas said.

- No - I said coldly.

- Demi... - mom tried to say something but I cut her off.

- NO! I said I didn't want anything to do with Patrick, I only have 2 sisters, and that's because they're your daughters, not his, I don't care if he had a daughter, he wasn't my dad and certainly she is not my sister. - I yelled at my mom and left the room, went up to my old bedroom, slamming the door.

She's not my sister.

☆☆☆☆☆

Hello pretty people!! Haha tell me what you think about the story? Do you like it so far?

Love, Danielle