Sweet Sounds - C.S

Start from the beginning

"Action!" Matt yells and you begin at Betty's vanity, holding and fiddling with her pendant as you look down with a sigh. A knock is heard on the window as expected and your head turns to Cole, your heart beating as you stare at him with a confused yet growing smile before hopping up and opening the window.

"Hey there, Juliet. Nurse off duty." Channeling the troubled boy, Cole greets you through Betty's window with a glimmer in his eye and a knowing smile. You can't help grin back goofily as you move aside, allowing him to climb through the window frame. "You haven't gone full Yellow Wallpaper on me yet, have you?" He climbs through the window and you run a hand through your hair with a sigh. You pace around the small space, attempting to represent Betty's stress and anger. This scene was a real struggle for Betty, who had dealt with her strict mother and bossy father her whole life.

"They're crazy. My parents are crazy." You glance at Cole as he gives you Jughead's signature smile. It makes your face flush as you gaze at him, trying to look at least a bit stressed. You had stressed earlier about filming this scene, getting every right. But being with Cole had made everything seem alright, no matter how anxious you were before. Everything just seemed right with him.

"They're parents. They're all crazy." You sigh, trying not to smile again. Just seeing him made your day and this scene, in which your character was meant to be distressed, was no exception.

"No, but what if... What if Polly is too? The way she was talking to me, the way she looked at me... And now, all I can think is maybe I'm crazy like they are." Cole walks forward and grabs your shoulder, comforting the stressed girl. You feel a shiver go down your spine and you cover it up by relaxing your shoulders.

"Hey. We're all crazy." Cole interrupts with a chuckle. You look down, smiling softly before looking back at him as he continues. "We're not our parents, Betty. We're not our families." You nod understandingly and Cole begins to stare at you. "Also..." He tries to say something, but he cuts himself off, just as scripted.

"What?" You ask quietly, your heart almost pounding out of your chest as he knew what was to come. Cole remains silent, attempting to control himself before he attacked your lips. This scene was meant to be innocent and sweet, but you were driving him absolutely crazy. "What?" You raise an eyebrow and let out a small laugh as Betty waits expectedly for what Jughead's going to say. Luckily, the kids had been scripted then because the man couldn't hold himself back any longer, stepping forward quickly. He places his hands on your cheeks, crushing his lips against yours. You close your eyes, enjoying the kiss with your costar. Cole almost pulls back in shock when he hears a small mewl of pleasure leave your lips, unknown to the cameras. It felt natural with him and you couldn't help the sound that escapes your throat. He smirks, kissing you a little harder, a little rougher before the two of you had to pull back. You stay close, refusing to open your eyes at first as you allowed yourself to savour the moment. You suddenly pull back at Betty's supposed realisation, but your eyes were wide from the small moan you'd let out earlier. Dammit, you thought you could keep your shit together. Your ears were pink and you were scared of what Cole thought. "The car!"

"Wow. That's what you're thinking about in the middle of our moment?" Cole scoffs, smirking at you and trying not to laugh. You pace around again, focusing your nervous energy on channeling your character instead of the subject Cole was silently teasing you about.

"No! Polly talked about a car Jason had stashed for them down route near some sign. If we can find it, we can confirm Polly's story. One way or another, I need to know Juggy." You look him in the eye before the directors yell cut. You bury your face into your hands, shaking your head and allowing your face to inflame red with pure embarrassment. "I can't believe I made that sound." You groaned, wanting to cry from shame. This wasn't how you wanted things to work out. You can hear Cole's chuckles and you felt even worse. He soon fell silent, the only thing heard was the bustling around on set, trying to sort out different sets and cast members.

"Hey," Cole gently speaks, almost whispering as he grabs your arms, pulling your hands away from your face. You're forced to look at him with teary eyes. "No need for tears or embarrassment. It happens to the best of us." You try to pull your hands away from him, so you could hide again, but his firm but gentle grip remained on your forearms. You bite your lip, shaking your head.

"I'm an actor, I meant to remain professional." Cole smiles softly, shaking his head. He knew you better than anyone, you were clearly feeling apologetic and embarrassed, even though there was no need. The small sound was stuck in his head, he found himself wanting to attempt to draw it from your lips again, knowing he was the cause of such a lovely sound. He pushed his unashamed thoughts aside and continued to comfort you.

"You couldn't help it, it was a very heated scene — even I found it quite pleasurable." You blush even more, avoiding his eyes. It made him want to chuckle even more. He loved having such an effect on you, since you yourself drove me absolutely crazy sometimes, even when you were doing the simplistic of gestures. The bite of your lip or a certain flushed look could sense him spiralling into a pit of hopelessness, not that he minded.

"Yeah, but I didn't want to embarrass myself in front of you, especially since I have become infatuated with you." Cole stops at the statement, quite taken back by your admittance. You find yourself wanting to scream as you realise what you've said. The man stares at you, eyes slightly wide. In a fit of panic, you rip your hands away from his grip and go to turn around. Cole stops you, grabbing your chin and pulling you into another unscripted kiss.

It shocked you at first, but it didn't take you long to respond. It gets quite heated as Cole bites your lip and gently grips your hips, attempting to get you to moan again, the sound being music to his ears. Much to his delight, the sound reverberates from your mouth into his as you grip his shirt tightly with one hand and run a hand through his hair with the other, dishevelling his beanie and the result leaving the piece of clothing on the floor. You soon pull away, both of you panting as you rest your foreheads together. Cole lets out a small laugh, pure joy in his voice.

"God, all I want to do is hear that sound again and again. You drive me crazy, L/N." Your breath gets caught in your throat. You gaze into the man's eyes before pressing a sweet peck to his jawline.

"Let's just say that I can't stay sane around you either, Sprouse." An elated smile graces the man's face as he buries his face into the crook of your neck, pressing small pecks to your collarbone. You inhale slightly before allowing a small sound to leave your mouth again. He soon stops, standing up straight again and resting his chin on top of your head.

"I love you, Y/N." You allow a few happy tears to leave your eyes and fall onto Cole's chest.

"You don't know how long I've wanted to hear that." You giggle, sniffling a little. "I love you so much, Cole. More than you'll ever know." The man laughs too, letting himself cry.

It was a joyous and sweet moment for the two of you and the cast watched with awe and delight as the two of you finally found another after so much pain.

WORD COUNT: 1941 words