Chapter 2

Rose sat in the living room all freshened up with a bowl of snacks and a can of grape soda,phone in hand, she sent a text message.

Aurmanii heard the slight vibration and searched out her phone.The screen glowed up with a new message from Lulah. She put in her pass code and opened up her Imo app. She read-

Rosey:Hey u ok?

Auri texted back:Yeah,im all good. I jus want 2 b alone 4 a lil bit.💭🕳️💭🕳️💭

Rosey:Cool, but his gone now btw.if u wanna hang out.we can Netflix and chill?🍿🍷🎞️

Auri:Nah,im good.my brain can't handle anything right now.Not even ☕☕☕☕!

Rosey:dang (Tululah smiled to herself) okay,n wat about da girls?

Auri:I think im out of it.feel 3 2 go on without me...

Rosey:oh, so u're in ur self preservation mode.hmmm🤔🤔

Auri:uve got a name for it?

Rosey:duh, like ur affirmations don't got their own meanings 😑😑

Auri:funny 😑

Rosey:well if u need anything im downstairs

Auri: duly noted

Aurmanii tossed the phone on to the beanie bag on the floor next to the bed, and went back to contemplating and reevaluating her life and sanity.

Lulah on the other hand set about to one of her all time ever present mischiefs,all the while "Shadow Hunters, the Mortal Instruments" played on in the background, sneaking peeks of Alec and Magnus and indulging in the slushy grape soda.

*****************************

Eight O'clock came and found Aurmanii fast asleep. She passed out after being transfixed for the longest while on her former self from seven years ago.

Unbeknownst to her, Tululah had called the girls up from earlier assigning each one with one request or the other. They brought a bottle each,coupled with snacks and finger foods. They had set up the living room for Aurmanii's sake working in complete silence and taking mini shots to keep them going as there was no music to set the mood. Tonight was now an indoors night.

Everything was in place now, balloons and streamers(they liked to go the extra mile), food,drinks,water dispenser, DVDS and jammies on. Now the only other person missing was Aurmanii and her customary Fireball shot to get the ball rolling.

They snuck up to her room and carefully pushed opened the door fully, revealing a sleeping Aurmanii. Zylii entered last, holding onto the shot glass tightly.The six girls, Tululah-Rose, Kolaiah, Ludori, Aracelli, Tyamie, and Zylii surrounded the bed.Lulah mouthed a countdown from,'three, two,one'her fingers disappearing as she did so." Aurmanii wake up!"

She sat up straight with a terrible fright, heart pounding as if it would burst out of her chest. Both hands clamped down unto her bombarding heart, gasping and forcing the air to fully fill the entirety of her lungs. Eyes squeezed closed, mentally calming herself down and chanting inwardly that these girls would all pay, especially Tululah-Rose for consistently scaring the bat shit out of her whilst she was sleeping.

' Payback will be a mother !' she thought loudly to herself.

'Foooooo',she puffed out her cheeks and blew out calmly.

"Aurmanii" she heard Zylii's quiet voice and turned her head to where she heard it.
She opened her eyes then- and glared at the circle surrounding her.

"Sorry about that.T'was your sister's idea" Z spoke softly. "Fireball", she sweat dropped with a nervous smile.

Auri eyed her, then the drink, then back at her, took the glass from Zylii and downed it, licking her lips after. Kolaiah exploded with joy -'Now can we get this shit started, those pinwheels and Doritos are calling my name, and don't get me started on those Pina coladas'.

"Here we go again" Aurmanii muttered, tossing the covers off her, game face on.

'Girl go catch a shower and your jammies' Tyamie told her sitting on the bed holding up a pair of grey and black pajamas.

Tululah and the other girls left as Auri made her way to the bathroom.

© Gigii