Preface

The art of the con has been around for millennia, employing skills of deception, misdirection, the psychology of human greed, and the desire to gain something for nothing. One could convince anyone of anything. The biggest difference between the hard-nosed burglar and the elusive con man is that the hood planning a bank holdup ultimately needs his gun. The con artist's only weapon is his brain. See, there's a science to getting into people's minds and understanding them. Confidence schemes exploit typical human qualities such as greed, dishonesty, vanity, honesty, compassion, credulity, irresponsibility and naïveté. The common factor is that the mark relies on the good faith of the con artist. The con, all in all, is an art, a dance of sorts. One that preys on the mind. This is the art of the con.

"The code of the con is to know just enough about everything so you can lie about anything" - Dan Garfat-Pratt.

I do not condone the actual practice of confidence schemes in real life. This is purely for entertainment purposes only. All events written in this story is pure fiction and has no ties to the people mentioned in the story. The names of kpop idols in this story are only to help the reader (you) visualize the characters better. No characteristics or qualities portrayed in this story are 100% accurate in any shape or form.

Additionally, I like to use some big words in my stories. If you don't understand something, feel free to drop a comment and I will come and respond when I can. Also, there is some educational content that I dropped in the story for fun and because I can. There will be times where fact and fiction can be blurred so, again, drop a comment if you're unsure and I'll respond when I can. You know what? Just drop a comment whenever you feel like it. I'm always down for a good discussion. Honestly, feel free to comment anything below and I'll happy to talk to you about it.

Thank you TheWritingPikachu for your generous and consistent advice for helping me write this story. This person's twice stories are absolutely incredible.

Additionally, this story is written in the perspective of a male Y/N. I'm sorry for any of the female readers out there. If it helps, you may imagine another male artist in his place. Be creative!

I hope you enjoy my first ever story!