Chapter 14: Just the standard

an/ its been a while and this is very rough butttt i promise i will edit it....at some point

----------

I don't quite remember falling asleep only the cracks on the ceiling growing blurred and my lids getting heavier and heavier. The heaviness had lifted and I could analyse every detail in my boredom. There was a distinctive difference now.

The cool breeze drifting through the otherwise humid space left the fresh scent of fallen leaves. The sound of footsteps echoing through the hallway almost distracted me from the feeling of a warm hand resting on my forehead. The thumb combing through my hair paused as I tilted my head.

The rays of light from the window blinded me for a moment and an odd sense of déjà vu flowed over me.

The familiarity of the breeze, the softness of the sheets and the coolness of the breeze served as a reminder of some of the best moments of my life.

Back when I believed in love and species equality. Both allusions meant to hide those creatures true intentions. An allusion of freedom and a means of sexual manipulation.

I wouldn't be so disallusioned now. Not after I knew the truth of them. The truth of those creatures.

Instinctively, I flinced as the thumb began to stroke again. Finally, my eyes adjusted to the light, I peered up. Jerking in shock I almost fell off the side of the bed. Two chuckles to my left and two at the foot of the bed but all I could do was stare at Michael.

His beauty had to be acknowledged, it certainly overshadowed mine. The golden hairs he styled so perfectly never fell out of place, unlike the curly mop I was told not to bother with. His milky pale skin was unblemished where mine wore scars and marks from years of beatings and hard labour. His eyes still shone with mischief and glee, he had everything I didn't.

We were so similar but somehow different. Our eyes both mirrors to our souls. Both showing very different pasts and presents.

Even now as I peered up at him, I couldn't help but loath his very existence. Afterall has , it was his fault I was in this predicament. I suppose there is something to be said about my own actions that lead to my demise.

"I'm told you've been informed of the new arrangements Luke." Michael hummed

I simply stared, dumbfounded at his cheery attitude.

"This could've very enjoyable for everyone, including you, if you would just obey."

I wondered what they had told him. Did he know what had happened to me. Surely they had told him the truth. God knows he isn't able to make this revelation himself.

A cough from the left tore my eyes away for a moment and a pair of black orbs shone as a warning.

"Of course I know what happened silly, if you had been more careful you wouldn't have fallen after your punishment.

It's a shame really. I would have thought you the smart type Luke-y"

I swear to God call me Luke-y one more time you blonde bimbo-

- and I'll just have to cuddle you to death. Wouldn't that just be lovely.

"Yes, it seems I have a few clumsy tendencies." My resolve growing weaker I fell back into my usual routine of inflating his ego.

It wasn't the first time I'd been blamed for the damage done to me. And I was sure it wouldn't be the last.

Apparently Michael was against cruelty to pets and inflicting intense pain on my body and mind would definitely be considered cruel.

"Michael here has been worried sick," Lucifer drawled as he drew in closer. "haven't you sweetie?"

"Yes Luci!" Erupting with giggles as Luci reached over to pat his head Michael answered.

"Come so we can play together outside." The deepness of his voice left tingles down my spine.

I would have said yes to anything that man said in that tone. However, Michael was firm in his decision to stay.

"No!"

"Honey-" Nathan started.

"I want to play with Luke and A-A" Refusing to relent he kept whining.

"How about Adrian comes with us and we can play with the pets later hun?" Lucifer always seemed to know how to convince Michael, especially when it came to his childlike tantrums.

"But I wanna play with him." Disappointed but slowly losing the fight he whined again.

"Nathan and Angel need to have a little talk with Luke." Adrian finalised. "I can leave you boys to it and then."

Two unified grins was enough of an answer for Adrian and he swiftly scooped Michael into his arms. Lucifer trailer slowly behind the pair but glanced back at me with a gaze I couldn't quite read.

Nevertheless, I had more promising gazes to deal with.

Twin stares and twin smiles. A pair I always avoided but somehow always found me.

The twins Angel and Nathan. After spending years with this family of two fanged bloodsuckers I was able to decipher between the two. Even now, as they finished each other's sentences.

"I hope you realise-" Angel began.

"that this month of punishment can easily be extended if you exhibit certain behaviours." Nathan finished.

"We don't want to see you in pain." Angel again.

"We really don't." Nathan, no surprises there.

"But if we have to," Nathan again, that's odd. I've always known them to switch at certain intervals.

"We'll make this month hell. And many more to come." Back to normal. Huh. Maybe I imagined it.

"What sort of behaviours would I ever hope to exhibit Masters?" It was a cheeky remark but they had never been inclined to scold me, only make me regret it later.

"I would hope that you had no hopes of exhibiting any behaviours." Nathan allowed it once again.

"But if you must know," Followed hotly by Angel's own comments. "disobeying, running away, talking before being spoken to, eating without permission, drinking without permission, if you so much as blink without instruction there will be trouble to come."

So fulfilling my role as a slave like usual. Perfect. Seems easy enough. This month can't possibly be as hard as they're making it out to be. Vampires are ghastly and witches both exotic and psychopathic. But neither species is beyond my ability to withstand.