Chapter 5: Lost and Found

After a night of contemplation I'd formulated a plan. It was simple really.

Lose my keys.
Go to lost and found.
Shove the panties in the pile.
Can't be that difficult right?

Wrong. The second I'd stepped into the locker room I realised two things. Everyone was staring at me meaning there no way in hell I could slip them in without anyone seeing. And I'm fairly the sign reading 'EMPLOYEE LOST ITEMS' meant there was separate section for customers. Shit. Maybe even a separate section for VIP members.

It would have been easy to rethink a plan from there and pick up tomorrow or even next week. However, I'd already lost my keys and now I'd have to ask the Head Dom to look for me. 

This also would have been easy, had the Head Dom not coincidentally also been the Head of VIP. Now I'd practically be throwing myself under the spotlight. Whatever subtlety I have going for me is going to be thrown to the wind. Or vampires rather.

The screech of the door pulled me from my thoughts.

"Blondie, you're late." Crap. That was the floor manager. "You're not even dressed hurry up."

"Sorry sir!" My eyes blown wide, mouth barely able to articulate meaning I responded. "I...uh...I lost my keys."

There was a soft pause before an eye roll and scoff acknowledged what I said. Great. Just what I needed. A quick glance around the room told me enough. Curiosity. You don't want their lot interested. Leads to a whole lot of attention that keeps as long as you live.

With a new sense of urgency I began readying myself for the shift.

I.D card? Check. Water? Check. Uniform? Check. Panties stuffed so deeply in my pockets no would ever think to dig there? Check.

Inhaling deeply I began my descent into hell. Perhaps a little dramatic but when an angry manager awaited me and a long discussion with the Head Dom was on my horizon, it was hard not to be.

By the time I got to my station the club was bustling. Lust trapped in the air between writhing bodies created a heat inside all who entered. Even the security who were forbidden from interactions looked delicious in their leathers. Perhaps it was the incubi that kept the tensions high but it was always a pleasant buzz through my body.

The rhythm of the club seemed to follow its normal tune as my shift commenced . My manager only waving his hand in a hurry up gesture before returning to staring across at the club. I was making a special effort not to even glance towards V.I.P tonight. I couldn't chance the risk after last night.  I was naive to think it would stay that way. A burning gaze left a shiver down my spine. There was a certain familiarity in the fear building in my stomach.

The fear any human recognises and loathes. The startling fear created by an unnerving wrath only demons could incite. It'd been a long time since I'd felt a stare like that. Perhaps a past Master or a jaded lover whose partner kept me as a pet. I didn't dare glance back at them. Acknowledging the person only spelt trouble for me.

Just as soon as it has come it left. Leaving me a tad dizzy as my body began to lose the heaviness the gaze had caused. It was baffling really. Their sudden intrigue out of no where. It left me wondering if Michael had anything to do with it. Or rather one of his posse.

"Lucas." My head snapped up immediately. Few used my full name, using Luke or Blondie at most. "Erik says you lost your keys?" Erik? Oh my manager.

"I didn't realise he'd mentioned it to you already..."

"Can't keep much from the Head Dom now can you." He all but scolded. "I-"

"I wasn't trying to hide it." I practically screamed, interrupting him.

He simply clicked his tongue leaving heat to rush through my body.

"You'll need I.D. to prove the keys are yours and a locker search will be conducted." His voice was empty of any sympathy. He was simply laying down the facts.

"Oh-okay..uh.. I have my I.D. card with me now." He simply reached out his hand in response.

"No address?" He mused with a raised brow.

"No...I'm...er...technically under possession of the Pet House." I mumbled, internally dying of embarrassment.

"Oh? Is that so?" He all but purred seemingly pleased. "An additional house search will be required to prove status of ownership or tenancy then."

I inhaled sharply. Someone could notice my Michael shrine. It included used napkins, cups, hair and tissues. My most recent prize would have joined the pile had I not intended to return it today. I should count myself as lucky.

"You will be willing to do so, correct?" His statement jarring me from my thoughts.

"Yes, yes of course sir." The words tumbled out of my mouth, a mess even to my own ears.

"We'll follow you home tonight then. For now we'll begin with the locker search."