Chapter 1

I never knew that one moment could change your life forever. One day is all it took. If I could take it back I would. Your probably wondering wha happened, so I'll tell you. I watched my dad get shot. We were getting milk and I got into our car and he was putting the bag in the back and I heard gunshots and next thing I knew there he was. My dad was on the ground breathing his final breathes. I didn't see anybody with a gun nor a car speeding by, I have no idea what happened.
When I was little my parents got divorced and nobody taught for my custody, my mom and dad both only wanted boys, not some hormonal teenage girl. My mom got my brother and my dad got stuck with me. My mom wanted two boys and my dad wanted three. They never wanted a girl. My dad never gave me a birthday gift unless I needed pads or tampons. My mom hasn't sent me a letter in about 13 years. For all I know she could be dead. But she's not. I am being sent back to my mother's house in New York to love with her and my older brother.
I already know that my mom is going to blame me for his death and I do too. It was my fault he was even in the parking lot at the time he was. I needed the milk. I needed the milk to make dinner, not him, me. I basically killed him. They have nobody to put the blame on so they didn't have a trial, my dad is dead and nobody knows who did it.
It's my fault that we were living in a poorer area, he said i should get a job but i didn't because my boyfriend and the gang i was in mattered more then a better house. Yes I was in a gang, but not anymore. I can't believe he's gone. My boyfriend broke up with me because "long distance relationships aren't my thing." ASSHOLE! My dad just died and all he could think of was that. I can't do anything about it though. His brother is one of the major leaders of the gang and if I hurt his little brother the whole gang'll chase my ass down. I have to leave. I gotta.
I'm just glad I get to see my brother again.