Chapter Twenty One

Start from the beginning

Toun sighed defeatedly. She knew there was nothing she could do than accept her fate and wait for her captors.

She looked at the food on the table and she shakes her head.

"You have to eat. Please." The lady said pleadingly. "You're not looking good. Please."

She knew she was right. Whenever she looked at herself in the mirror, she sees another person. Another version of herself. She knew she wasn't the Toun she once was. She looked different. The person in the mirror wasn't her.

The lady stared at her before nodding slowly. She turned and went to the door. She paused at the door and turned back to her.

"You have to live. That is the most important thing." She told her before she walked out of the room, locking the door behind her.

Toun closed her eyes and she felt the tears stream down her face.

She was clueless on where she was, how she got there or when she is ever going to leave. She have a feeling that she might never leave. But she want to. She have to.

She have a life that se left behind. A happy one. And this wasn't the kind of life she want. But she was there helpless and miserable. She wanted desperately to return to her life. She wished it was just a bad dream. But is it? Will she ever wake uo from it? She kept asking herself.

She want her life. She wants to go back to her life. She miss her sad, cheerful and problematic clients. They were headache but there are the sources of the money in her account. She loves what she does. She love helping them get the justice they deserve. She missed her boss. The kind, tolerant man who like jer like she was his daughter. And her secretary. The young hardworking lady with a heart of gold.

There is her family too. The family she had grown used to. The family she can sacrifice her life for. The ones who accept her for whatever she is and makes her happy and a fulfilled woman. Her mother in law, Mrs Allyson. The woman who was five times the mother she have. A strong, hardworking, patient and caring woman. The woman who accepts her despite she knows the trouble and heartbreak she can cause on her son. She is going to miss her. She wished she have the chance to tell her thank you for everything. She is the best and she was her role model. She wised she have the chance to tell her that.

And her best friend, Oluwatobiloba, the million friend in one. The best friend of a lifetime. She don't think she will have a friend like her. She misses her so much. She misses her laughter and complain on her son. Is she going to ever see her face again?

The tears rolled down her eyes as she thought about them.

Her husband, Nathaniel Adedotun Adeolu. How was he? Is he okay? Hope he has not gone insane worrying about her whereabout? Hope he is doing okay? Hope he hasn't given up?

All the questions keep running in her thoughts.

Does he know what happened to her? Does he know her captor? Does he have a clue where she was? Whag was he doing? What was he thinking? Is he okay? Is he eating or starving himself like she was doing?

Her little girl. Her first born and womb opener. How was she doing? Is she going to be fine after watching her get kidnapped? It was a pity that se have yo witness her kidnapping. She hoped she is fine. She hope she is crying wondering where she was.

She wished to get an answer to her questions.

She missed them terribly. She missed her husband touch, his laughter, his kisses, his kind words. Will she ever hear them again? She missed those cheerful eyes of her daughter and that smile that could melt the heart. Those happy voice. She wonder if her eyes, her smile and voice would ever be the same.