Chapter Twenty-Nine: Don't you dare say sorry.

Many emotions were running wild inside Jim right now. He was excited. He was scared. He was worried. He was overjoyed. He was embarrassed, and hopeful, and nervous.

The pathway up to the building his parents called home was both too long and too short. He wanted to be there right now, introducing Sherlock to his parents and yet he wanted to walk slowly and take a breather to prepare himself.

Apparently Sherlock could sense his nerves because as they walk the detective takes hold of Jim's hand and gives it a squeeze, sending him a small smile too. Jim smiles back, his fingers locking tightly with Sherlock's in both an attempt to contain his nerves and to contain his excitement.

Jim was so busy looking at his gorgeous boyfriend that he almost walked into the front door, not realising that they'd already got there. Sherlock chuckles at him, earning himself an elbow in the side. As Sherlock yelps and rubs his side, Jim lets go of the other's hand to knock on the door.

When the door opens, Jim, as he expected, is pulled into a bone crushing hug before he even gets the chance to see his mother properly. When she releases him, much to his horror, she turns to Sherlock to do the same to him and even presses a small kiss on his cheek.

Oh, God. She was out to completely embarrass him, wasn't she?

"Mum..." Jim whines as a shocked looking Sherlock is released.

"Sorry," Elizabeth murmurs, even though she's not, before offering her hand to Sherlock. "Hello, Sherlock. It's nice to meet you. Jim's told me lots about you."

"I haven't," Jim protests but goes ignored by both.

"Good things, I hope," Sherlock smiles, going for charming rather than his usual bitchy self. Maybe next time he can show a bit more sass.

"Oh, the best," Elizabeth laughs before gesturing over her shoulder to Jim's dad who stood in the door way. "That's Jeremy and I'm Elizabeth. None of this Mr and Mrs Moriarty business, okay, makes me feel old."

Sherlock chuckles softly and nods. "Alright, Elizabeth."

Then she turns to Jim and stage-whispers "This one's a keeper,"

Jim groans and drags a hand over his face, wondering if it was too soon to grab Sherlock and their bags and to just turn back and spread the weekend wrapped up in Sherlock's arms and the bed. Even if he wanted to show Sherlock that he cared, he wasn't up for his mother's teasing all weekend.

They enter the house and Elizabeth walks with them up to Jim's old room, where he quickly snatches some posters off the wall and shoves them under the bed while Sherlock talks to his mother. She makes a comment about no 'frickle frackle' while they're here before leaving them to sort out their clothes.

Sighing, Jim leans into Sherlock's shoulder and just stays there, body limp. "We've been here for less than twenty minutes and she's already being embarrassing."

Sherlock's lips brush against Jim's forehead. "She's not bad. You're overreacting," He laughs and Jim gives a mock gasp of offence. "Now, I have a serious question."

Jim grows serious as Sherlock does. He nods. "Go on."

"What exactly did you hide under the bed?" Sherlock asks, smirking and loses his serious expression completely.

Jim feels his cheeks redden considerably. "Um, just a few posters of this celebrity..."

"Adorable," Sherlock murmurs, pressing a quick kiss to his lips before he turns and begins to sort their clothes into the draws.

Sherlock doesn't ask of who and Jim just assume that he knows, being the clever thing he is.

Jim sits on the bed, enjoying watching Sherlock bend over to scoop up the clothes. How he got so God damn lucky, Jim will never know. Sherlock's smart, gorgeous, charming, sweet when it counts and funny. The full package.