Chapter Twenty-Five: Silly.

In a matter of seconds, Sherlock is in front of Jim and kneeling down, taking hold of his chin gently and gazing at him in worry. All Jim can do is stare at the detective hurls the question of 'are you okay?' at him.

No. He wanted to say. He is most definitely not okay because last night his boyfriend left him feeling lonely and upset and now that same boyfriend was knelt in front of him like nothing at all happened because his best friend thought that Jim looked like a punching bag.

"What the hell?" were the first words Jim fully hears and they come from John. "Sherlock, you were beyond upset because of him last night and now you're asking if he's okay?"

Sherlock turns his head to look up at John, eyes turning from soft to angry in less than a second. "And because I was upset that somehow gives you the right to punch him, huh?"

John opens his mouth to argue back but closes it a moment later, shaking his head and looking down at his feet in shame.

"Look at him!" Sherlock goes on, eyes back on Jim's jaw to search for signs of damage. "Physically, the only way he'd have a chance against you is of he was armed with thousands of remote controls."

Despite his confusion about where he stood with Sherlock, Jim has to giggle at that. Which earns him a small smile from Sherlock, which leads to Jim looking down at his lap to avoid Sherlock's eyes and that adorable smile.

Jim hears a sigh from Sherlock but he doesn't look up to meet the other's eyes again and doesn't even risk a peak to check, it was definitely him that sighed. Sherlock stands then and Jim, from the corner of his eye, registers that Sherlock's hand was being offered to him.

Ignoring the hand Sherlock held out to help him up, Jim pulls himself to his feet and dusts off his jeans.

Sebastian makes a small sound of approval at the action, and Jim wonders how much his friend honestly meant that comment about him not wanting Jim to push Sherlock away. Then again, he also said he didn't like Sherlock. Not that it mattered. Sherlock didn't need to be liked by his friends to be liked by him.

When he's content that his jeans aren't mucky, Jim mentally prepares himself before raising his eyes to meet Sherlock's own. Instead of speaking, he raises an eyebrow.

Sherlock looks lost and for a split second Jim wants to grin and tell Sherlock he deserved the feeling. By then it faded because he knew that he couldn't honestly think that until he knew why Sherlock left last night.

"Can we go back home.. -I mean, to yours," Sherlock's cheeks take on a pink tinge and Jim ignores the way his pulse was racing. Sherlock considered his flat home.. "to talk," Sherlock finishes, after a slight pause.

Choosing to not answer right away, Jim looks to Sebastian, silently asking what he'd do with himself if he did go home to talk to Sherlock about.. something.

"I'll go see Molly!" Sebastian's face brightens as he suggests the idea.

Automatically, Jim's eyes narrow into slits. Much like he had yesterday, Sebastian holds his hands up in defence and frantically shakes his head.

"Not like that," he cries "We're friends!"

Knowing Sebastian wasn't lying, Jim gives him a small smile before he looks back to the gorgeous man that was his boyfriend. At least, Jim was pretty sure that Sherlock was still his boyfriend... He wasn't going to listen to John's angry words.

"Let's go, then" Jim says to Sherlock, almost knocked off his feet again by the grin Sherlock gives as the words passes Jim's lips.

Sherlock says goodbye to John, who mumbles his farewell and also a quick apology to Jim before he disappears. Jim would have said goodbye to Sebastian but passed telling Jim to text when he was happy for Sebastian to return, the man was glued to his phone as he texts Molly and strolled off in the general direction of her flat.