Chapter Twenty-Four: Best Friend Brawl.

The pitter patter of the rain hitting the windows echoes around Jim's flat as he sits on the sofa with his legs crossed and his laptop on his lap. It'd been raining for nearly a whole freaking month, every single day, every minute of every day. It wasn't heavy rain but it was enough to irritate the inhabitants of London.

It'd had started a few nights after Jim and Sherlock's dinner date but the change in weather didn't affect their high sprits. Not at first anyway... They'd been a few incidents where Jim had snapped or had gotten moody and told Sherlock to go home. 

There was never anything major that happened between them. Just Sherlock being annoying and Jim getting, well, annoyed. Nothing out of the ordinary between the pair, really.

When they did have their first major argument... Jim didn't really understand what it was about. Not until after anyway. Sherlock just seemed to... snap.

A whole month of them being cute and 'coupley' together and then Jim suddenly has a whole bunch of things shouted at him as he sits there, fingers on the keyboard of his laptop. He didn't even know what he did and now, all he can do is sit here as a few words slowly flitter.

He hadn't expected Sherlock to blow up like that and Jim had always found it hard to stay switched on when someone begins to shout at him. So he didn't get much from the ten minutes Sherlock was shouting about... something. Jim thinks he remembers Sherlock saying something about kissing and his 'damn laptop'.

Jim tries to think.

He was typing an email to his mum and turned slightly away from Sherlock as the other man leaned forward. Then Sherlock was on his feet and shouting.

Did Sherlock... lean in for a kiss?

If he did, it looks like, from Sherlock's point of view, that Jim avoided it in favour of his laptop. It makes sense, that Sherlock would get annoyed but surely that wouldn't cause him to get so angry all of a sudden and Jim's pretty sure that he hasn't 'avoided' kisses before.

Crinkling his forehead up, Jim puts his laptop on the coffee table and looks at the door that had slammed closed a few moments ago. The rain continues. Pitter patter. Pitter patter.

Just as Jim stands, there's a soft knock on the door.

He frowns. That's not the soft knock of an angry Sherlock.

Jim moves quickly, albeit he was apprehensive, towards the door. His hand settles on the door handle and a cold shiver runs down his spine as he remembers the time he was playing scrabble and he scared himself over opening the door.

Breathing in deeply, Jim pulls the door open.

Then he stares. And stares. And stares.

In front of him, is a dripping wet man that makes Jim wonder if he was entirely accurate about the whole 'drizzling' thing. Despite the man's state, Jim doesn't hesitate to reach out and bring him into a fierce hug as he lets the first sob pass his lips.

"Jim?" questions Sebastian, automatically hugging his friend back.

"Best moment for a surprise visit ev-ever," Jim mumbles into the other's damp shirt, his tears adding to the wetness.

He doesn't fully understand why Sherlock was gone.. But, God, did it hurt to know he was gone.

Sherlock had stormed out, absolutely fuming for some reason and Jim didn't have a clue what to do. He doesn't even know what he's done, for God's sake!

"Jim?" Sebastian asks again, more urgent now. "What's wrong?"

Jim shakes his head, clutching tighter to the other boy.