Chapter Nineteen: Doubts.

Things were going good, despite all the flying TV controls and rude comments from a certain detective.

Jim smiles as he sits down beside Molly in Cindy's. Molly was talking about her cat, Midnight, telling Jim about the way he'd ripped another teddy to shreds when she stops and just stares at Jim with this small proud grin.

Raising an eyebrow, Jim questions the grinning girl. "What?"

"You."

"No shit," Jim fakes surprise before leaning forward, elbows on the table. "Seriously, what about me?"

Molly pauses briefly before she speaks. "He really makes you happy, doesn't he? Despite the way you two idiots acted before."

Jim can feel himself blushing but he ignores it in the hope that Molly would follow his lead and do the same. She does, thankfully. Molly waits patiently for Jim to form an answer.

"I..." Jim stops.

"Yeah. He does... Even if he is a bloody twat eighty percent of the time."

Molly smiles at him and Jim get the feeling that she's the proud friend in the movie who doesn't seem that important but has been there the whole time, rooting for the two main characters to open their eyes and get together.

"Refill?" Jim asks, so he can stop comparing his life to a movie (it's always the chick flicks... or predictable horror movies).

Molly nods and Jim picks up both of their cups, strolling to the near empty counter. There was one or two students, bunking no doubt, browsing the cakes and fizzy pop but that was it.

"Hey, Jim," Alex greets him with his usual large smile that screamed 'I get paid to be friendly'.

"Hi. The same again, please."

"And a black coffee, two sugars," Sherlock speaks from behind Jim.

Jim rolls his eyes, not even bothered that Sherlock had turned up uninvited once again. Sherlock laughs and reaches out to briefly squeeze Jim's upper arm before he wonders towards their table. Jim glares at him over his shoulder - maybe taken a moment to look at the way Sherlock's snug trouser fit around his perfectly shaped arse - but nods to Alex to confirm the order.

Jim waits, as he always does, for their orders.

A few minutes pass, then a few more do, and then a few more do. And then, guess what? A few more pass.

Most of the time, Jim was a patient person but the length of time he'd been standing here was getting a tad ridiculous. Peering over the counter, Jim raises an eyebrow at Alex.

The young boy was standing in front of the coffee machine, cup in hand and ready to make a sweet black drink for a certain detective. Except, he was just standing there. His eyes were fixed on the cup but Jim could tell he wasn't seeing it.

"You alright there? You look... I dunno.. worried. Coffee machine won't bite you, you know. Sherlock might if he doesn't get his coffee, though," Jim laughs. Alex doesn't react, just continues to stare at the coffee machine. "Alex? Dude, you okay?"

Alex is snapped out of the trance when Jim calls his name and he smiles before quickly making the coffee for Sherlock and placing it on the tray. Jim and Molly's orders follow in almost no time.

Jim frowns. "You okay? You were a bit out of there..."

"Yeah. Sorry." Alex gives a feeble smile.

"I know I'm just some guy that you make coffee for but seriously, that was scary. Sure nothing's wrong?"

Alex blushes and nods. "I'm fine. Thanks for worrying, though."