Chapter Twenty- Seven: Polar Bear Pick-Up Lines.

Later that day, Jim and Sherlock are both sat on the sofa (dressed now) doing their own thing but still spending time together. Sherlock was reading a book, one of his leg's resting across Jim's knees and the other half tucked under himself. Jim was on his laptop and he had his baby resting on his lap in a way that meant there was still room for Sherlock's leg.

Jim was half-way through typing an email to his mum when Sherlock's words from earlier come back to mind.

He turns his head and watches Sherlock for a heartbeat before he speaks.

"Are you really not taking cases?"

Sherlock doesn't seem too startled by the question. He places his finger on the page in the book and closes it, using his finger as a bookmark.

He then looks back at Jim and shakes his head with a smile. "Like I said, I want to spend time with you."

Chuckling, Jim leans over and presses a kiss to Sherlock's lips. "It may seem great spending ninety percent of our free time together now but the novelty will wear off. You said John and Lee.. Lestrade?.. were trying to get you to do cases - you shouldn't neglect the work or your friends because of me"

"Well, when the novelty wears off, I'll take more cases."

Jim rolls his eyes. Stubborn git.

"If you haven't been taking cases, what do you do while I'm at work?" As he asks, Jim closes his laptop and leans forward to place it on the table.

Sherlock shrugs. "Experiments, mostly. I don't want to take a case and then be away from you longer than I need to."

"Sap," Jim accuses, but gives the man another kiss anyway because even though he won't say so out loud Jim thought that was rather adorable.

"Does it really matter I'm not taking cases? Or are you trying to get rid of me already?" He teases, poking Jim in the rib and effectively losing his page in the book because he used the finger he was using for a bookmark.

Jim laughs at the action when Sherlock pouts down at the book before moving both legs in front of him and placing the book on top of Jim's laptop.

"Idiot," Jim says, voice only expressing fondness.

He then moves closer to Sherlock, resting his head on his shoulder. He always loved how Sherlock was completely fine with how cuddly he could be. Last night, Jim practically became a kola bear after they'd lay down and yet Sherlock had still tried to pull him closer.

"So?" Sherlock prompts, right arm coming up to settle on Jim's shoulder.

Jim raises his head and gives Sherlock a question look. "So... What?"

"So, does it really matter that much I'm not taking cases?"

Jim frowns, thinking. "Well, yeah, it does. Before all this..." He gestures between them. "You always gave the impression that the work was your main focus and as much as I like being the centre of your attention, surely you miss it. Cases weren't exactly just a hobby for you."

Sherlock nods. "I do miss them. There's not all that many that are interesting, though. When John and Lestrade were reading them out, they were simple and I solved at least five just from being given an overview of the case through the client's message or email."

Jim hums before he leans forward to snatch Sherlock's phone from the table. He enters the pass code before opening up Sherlock's website and giving him the phone.

Sherlock blinks at him. "How do you know my password?"

Smirking, Jim shrugs. That was far more cool and mysterious than telling Sherlock he peeked over his shoulder one time.