Chapter Four: New Online Friends.

When Jim's alarm woke him, he rolls over in the bed with a groan. Ugh, Saturday. How he loathed Saturdays.

Saturdays and Sundays were his days off and his flat had never had that homey feel like his office at Bart's did. He had a computer here, of course. His baby, his beautiful laptop, was closed after better than the actual flat. Still, he loved working with computers. 

To think, he used to love the weekend. After school, he'd go home and spend his time in the office, making his mother worry about how much time he spent on his own, reading books and writing down parts he found interesting to pin to the walls of his bedroom.

Sooner or later, Jim shakes away the nostalgia and drags himself out of bed to go about his day.

By midday Jim had eaten, showered, dressed, gone to the bank, done the weekly shopping and cleaned his already spotless flat (only spotless through lack of use, rather than Jim liking for it to be clean}.

It isn't long at all before Jim has fallen into his desk chair and opened up his laptop. A true smile on his face for the first time that day. He sends a silent apology to the lady at the supermarket for not honestly smiling at her. 

Shaking his head, Jim presses the power button on the laptop, watching the screen as it starts up.

-----

Staring Up...

-----

Username: Jim_06
Password: pasS12>woRd00

-----

Loading...

-----

Google Chrome > Favourites > www.TalkTo... 

-----

Welcome back, Jim_06!

You have three new messages and five friend requests. [Click here to view friend requests]

5/92 contacts online.

-----

SkaterBoy: No, man! I swear that his jeans were blue in that vid.

SkaterBoy: Never mind. Just checked. You were right.

Jim_06: Always am ;)

-----

DatAwesomeGuyDon: Jimmy boy, where are you?

DatAwesomeGuyDon: Come online!

DatAwesomeGuyDon: Get your arse online.

DatAwesomeGuyDon: I miss your flirty little Irish chatbox.

DatAwesomeGuyDon: I still don't see a green circle by your name.

DatAwesomeGuyDon: Are you working late again?

DatAwesomeGuyDon: Miss you dude!

Jim_06: Sorry, Don! Yeah, I was working. How's Carol?

-----

Mols_xx: Jim! Accept my friend request!

Jim_06: Will do!

-----

Loading Friend Requests....

-----

SuckIt wants to be your friend.
[Accept] [Decline]