Chapter Twenty-Two: We Need To Talk.

'I'm back from my parents. Can you come over? We need to talk'

'We need to talk?'

'Yes'

'I hope this isn't your way of starting the conversation where you also say things like "it's not you, it's me"'

'God, no. I didn't mean it like that'

'Just come over, you prat'

'I'll be there in twenty'

'Great. xx'

Jim has to take a deep breath as he places his phone on the coffee table. He breathes in, sucking the oxygen and letting it fill his lungs to the brim. He holds it, waits until he feels like his lungs are going to burst and then he slowly let's it out.

He's much calmer now.

Okay. Tell a lie. He's freaking out. Because, yes, he'd grown a pair and decided to talk to Sherlock about this and finally establish what the hell they are but none of that means he is in anyway calm or collected about this.

His emotions are in a crazy storm and on a roller-coaster at the same time. One minute he's glowing with happiness that he's actually doing this and the next he's timidly biting his lip and worried out of his mind.

If he thinks about it, he knows that it's all going to be okay. It's obvious to anyone that Sherlock likes him more than a fish likes water. Still, a small, stupid and irrational part of him thinks that Sherlock's going to laugh, tell him that it means nothing and that the past month or so had been a game to him that was now getting dull.

Jim runs a hand down his face, groaning in pain when the action makes his glasses press painfully into the bridge of his nose. He hadn't bothered switching to contacts again, having texted Sherlock the moment he walked through the door and seeing as his mother hated his contacts he hadn't had a chance to change the glasses for them before his parents saw him off at the station.

Standing, Jim plans on heading for the bathroom to switch to his contacts when there's a knock on the door. Immediately, he frowns, wondering how the hell he sat there and didn't realise twenty minutes had already passed.

Dismissing the thought, Jim heads to the door and yanks it open. He smiles brightly upon seeing his beautiful kinda-sorta-boyfriend.

"Hey," Sherlock smiles, entering the flat and dropping a kiss on Jim's cheek as he passes.

Jim watches with his own smile as Sherlock peels off his coat, hangs it up, kicks his shoes off and then straightens them. When all that's done, Sherlock straightens and raises an eyebrow. He lifts both hands, raising an eyebrow.

When Jim doesn't answer his silent question, Sherlock walks closer to the staring boy and gently takes hold of his chin. Jim happily let's Sherlock raise his chin and allows his eyes to flutter closed as Sherlock leans down to kiss him.

It's slow and sweet and highlights to Jim just how bloody much he's missed Sherlock over this weekend. Even though he technically left yesterday - and he'd seen Sherlock two days ago. Still. Felt like a long time.

"I missed you," Sherlock mumbles the words against Jim's lips, seeming reluctant to stop kissing him.

"It was just.." A few kisses take place before Jim gets to finish his sentence "Two days."

Sherlock doesn't reply, instead he walks forward and gently presses Jim against the front door. Humming in approval, Jim nibbles on Sherlock's lower lip before he confidently slides his tongue out to meet Sherlock's.