Chapter Two: Getting In The Good Books.

Thankfully, it was only four days later when Jim walked into his office to see three brand new desktops sat on his desk, where the broken ones had previously been. They were shiny and the boxes had been placed by the site of the desk. Jim couldn't help smiling. God, they were gorgeous.

As he approaches them, something catches his eye. On the middle monitor was a green sticky note, with a messy scrawl on that was also sort of professional. Jim had no idea how the writing was both a disaster and perfect.

'Goodmorning, James ;) -SH'

Jim growls, mumbling a curse under his breath as he peels the note off and screws it up, no longer admiring the script. He falls down on his swirly chair, lifting his arms high and aiming for the bin. He throws the balled up sticky note with a flick of his wrist and.. misses.

With another grumbled curse, Jim stands and retrieves the ball of paper before placing it in the bin.

When Jim returns to his seat he spots a bundle of paperwork stuffed under one of his keyboards. How in Earth did he not spot them previously?

"Must be blind" Jim laughs to himself.

He then pulls them out and smiles when he sees that they're the receipts for the new monitors. His perfect, shiny, pretty, new monitors.

Jim was about to fold them up and put them all into his folder when a figure sat at the bottom on the page catches his eye.

£14,999.

Frowning, he checks over the paperwork, thinking that Sherlock got ripped off or that it was a mistake somehow. It soon comes to light, however, (after twenty minutes of checking and re-checking) that Sherlock had brought a new updated model of the monitor and desktop.

Jim pauses. He's not quite sure what to do.

Surely, Sherlock knew how much he spent and knew that these monitors were different. Even any idiot could see those things and Sherlock was far from an idiot.

Much like four days prior, Jim finds himself walking down the stairs and entering the lab.

Seeing as Sherlock didn't practically live here like Molly and Jim, he was no where in sight when Jim entered the lab. Jim's shoulders slump, supposing he shouldn't have assumed the man would be here.

He'd hoped to thank the man and give him back the extra money or something. As annoying as Sherlock is, Jim didn't want to take any money from him.

It's a lot for the computers as it is. Then Sherlock goes and pay nearly £3,000 more then he needed to! God, what kind of idiot repays by more needed too, thousands more than needed? And three days early too!

Jim had to thank him. Or yell at him. Something.

Groaning, Jim rests his head against the wall, tempted to pull back and start banging his forehead into the plaster. Maybe it would help. He could imagine he was headbutting Sherlock or something.

The door opens then and two voices reach Jim's ears. He quickly steps away from the wall to explain himself, panicked, but when he sees that it's Sherlock and John, Jim let's out a breath, glad it wasn't someone he didn't know. That would be awkward.

'Hey, don't mind me. I'm just awkwardly waiting for the guy that likes to shoot my computers.'

Yeah, that sounds fun. Not.

"James..." Sherlock trails off, a smile twitching at his lips. "Come to see me again? So soon?"

John sends them a weird look but neither seem to notice.