Not-So-Awkward Meeting

I wasn't sure how long I had spent staring at the white haired boy. All the remembered was having my dad walk over to me and sit me down. Once I was seated they continued talking. My eyes darted all around the room and I felt squeamish. Are you alright? Bex chimed into my head. I didn't turn my head, I only replied, Something feels.....Confusing. Apprehensive almost. A slight twitch through our bond was his only reply.

When I snapped back into reality, I found myself staring at him again.  By listening in to the conversation, I found out his name was Seth, he was the son of the High Lord of the Winter. I don't recall ever meeting this boy a day in my life, so why does he look so darn familiar? My thoughts were interrupted by Thesan asking me a question. "What have you been up to in your court, Nova?" I turned my head to him and said with a forced smile, "Flying with the Illyrian Legions during training and going to the library." Apparently what I said was funny because Eris, Tamlin and Helion chuckled. I was confused only until Tarquin said, "Why haven't you gone to school? Etiquette classes? Learning to be a High Lady in your Court." I felt like I was going to snap. I didn't know how much of an attitude I could put in my voice until I said something."Because I have little interest in politic." I could have sworn the blonde haired boy twinkled. Anyway, I continued. "Because I'd rather be flying around my Court and being free than go to a class and sit for 7 hours to learn about a Court I don't want to inherit. Because I'd rather train with the Legions and fight in the rings." Mom gasped when I opened my mouth on the inherit part. But it was true. I didn't want to court.

Once the meeting was over Kallias said we were going outside and sitting around a bonfire, chatting as the night went on. I wasn't excited about this, but I didn't mind it. Once we got to the bonfire, everyone and their kids were cutting up and socializing. Therefore I stood by a tree on the outside of the area they were in. Beautiful, these winter woods were. I noticed a shiny object out of the corner of my eye, so I figured I'd go check it out. My feet moved themselves and I came up to it. A perfect snowflake. It looked so real and so much like glass. I put my hand up to touch it when a voice, clear and soothing said, "Don't Touch it. You'll make it disappear." I turned around to see who said it.... it was the white haired boy, Seth.

Author here:
I am tickled to death that I have 6 reads, haha. If you guys have any recommendations or things to say I have a comment section. I plan on writing quite a bit with this story. Anyway, THANK YOU to my 6 readers, you guys are awesome!