15

Your POV

1 Week Later

I ran my hand over my face, shoving my notebook so hard it fell off the table.

I was so fucking frustrated. It had been about a week since I confessed my feelings to Lauren and I had been on edge since then.

I told Lauren that I'd wait for as long as she needed me to, but honestly I didn't know how long I could live like this.

My anxiety was through the roof 24/7, and to top it off I hadn't been able to write a single line all week. I had never had writers block before until now, and it was so fucking frustrating.

I stood up from my seat, walking around the table to pick up my notebook. I obviously misjudged something because when I came around the corner I hit my hip on the table.

"Fuck," I said to myself as I gritted my teeth.

That fucking hurt.

"Goddamnit," I mumbled as I hobbled back around the table and sat in my chair, tears brimming in my eyes from the pain and from how aggravated I was.

I closed my eyes tightly in an attempt to keep the tears from falling, but it wasn't really working.

I took a deep breath as my phone started ringing, making a whole new wave of anger take over me.

"What?" I said when I answered the phone without even looking to see who had called me.

"Whoa," they said. "Did I catch you at a bad time?"

I pulled the phone away from my ear quickly, feeling horrible when I saw who it was.

"No! I'm sorry. I didn't look to see who it was before I answered," I tried to explain.

"It's okay," she semi laughed. "What are you doing right now?"

"I'm at the studio, but I'm not being very productive," I said honestly. "I was just about to leave."

"Oh," she said. "Are you going home?"

"Yea, I was going to," I said, not really knowing what this phone call was about.

"Can you come to mine instead? I really need to talk to you," she said, and just like that my anxiety was sky high again.

"Um... yea. Yea, I'll be there in like ten," I stuttered out.

"Okay, drive safe," she told me before hanging up the phone.

I took a deep breath before I stood up, walking around the table and being a lot more careful as I picked up my notebook and pencil.

I tried to keep nerves at bay as I packed up all of my things, calling an uber and heading outside to wait for it.

I swear my heart was beating at a million miles per hour the whole ride to Lauren's house. Thank God it was just a ten minute drive.

As I walked up to Lauren's apartment I twiddled my thumbs, trying to calm my nerves.

"Hey," I heard when the door opened, looking up to see Lauren in her pajamas with her hair in a messy bun.

"Hi," I said, walking in when she stepped to the side to give me room.

"How long have you been at the studio?" She asked as she followed me into the living room.

"Since ten this morning," I groaned, sitting on the couch, shutting my eyes and running a hand through my hair.

"Y/n, it's almost ten," she scolded. "You were there for like twelve hours."

"Yea, twelve hours and I haven't written a single lyric," I said, making her eyebrows furrow.

"What? Are you serious?" She asked, to which I nodded.

"What's wrong?" She asked, sitting next to me and holding my hand.

"Writers block I guess," I shrugged.

"Come see," she said, holding her arms open for me.

I debated whether or not to give in for a second. I mean, she hadn't talked to me in a week and I didn't really know why she had asked me to come over in the first place.

"Lauren, what's this about?" I asked.

Lauren looked at me before rolling her eyes and scooting over to wrap her arms around me. I was confused at first, but eventually gave in and let myself get comfortable in her embrace.

"This is about you and me," she finally spoke up. "You told me that you would wait for me... but you don't have to do that."

"What? No, I want to wait for you," I spoke up quickly, not wanting her to feel bad about me waiting.

"No, Y/n," she said with a laugh, making me confused. "You're not understanding what I'm saying."

"What?" I asked.

"You don't have to wait for me anymore, because I want to be with you now," she said, making me freeze.

"Really?" I asked, not quite believing that she just said what I thought I heard.

"I thought about everything, and there was one thing you said the other night that I couldn't get out my head..." she trailed off.

"You said it was killing you that when you looked at your future you couldn't think of anything without me in it."

I ducked my head a little as my cheeks heated up. It was true. Every single time I tried to imagine my future she was in it.

"I can't either," she suddenly said. "I can't imagine a future without you."

I couldn't stop the huge smile from overtaking my features when she said that.

"Honestly, I don't want to imagine a future without you in it," she told me, smiling back at me.

"I've waited so long to hear you say that," I whispered as I was still sitting in her arms.

"It took me a while to work up the courage," she whispered back as her eyes flickered down to my lips, making me realize how close our faces were.

"Kiss me," I said, wanting nothing more than to finally feel her lips on mine.

Lauren didn't answer, instead opting to close the gap between us and connect our lips. I kissed back instantly, my hands finding their way her cheeks while hers flew to my hips.

Our lips moved in sync for what felt like forever before we separated. Our faces stayed close as we caught our breath and took in the moment.

"Will you stay the night?" Lauren asked, making me nod instantly.

Lauren smiled, pecking my lips gently before allowing me to cuddle back up to her.