13

Your POV

"Wait," Jc told me. "Let me get this straight."

I sighed as motioned for him to continue, looking over at Camila on the other couch.

I owed Camila an explanation about last night. That's why she was here. I didn't really know why Jc was here.

"She came up to you at Camila's album release party and you guys talked about why you ignored her for five months?" He asked, making me nod. "And suddenly you guys are just... cool."

"We both apologized for everything that happened. She said sorry for making me feel uncomfortable and I said sorry for leaving the way I did... and for ignoring her for months," I explained.

"Then you guys came back here and fucked?" He asked, making my eyes widen.

"No!" I said, making Camila laugh. "We literally just watched movies. We still haven't talked about the real reason I ghosted her."

"So, she doesn't understand the real reason you ignored her?" Camila asked.

"No," I admitted. "I just let her think that it was because she invited me to Stagecoach and then spent the whole time making out with some dude."

"Y/n, you have to tell her everything," Camila said.

"I was planning on telling her yesterday," I said. "I just chickened out because it really hurt that she couldn't figure it out by herself. I'm a really fucking obvious person. How did she not see the fact that I'm in love with her?"

Both Jc and Camila went silent when I said that.

"Wait... did you just admit..." Jc stuttered.

"Fuck."

I can't believe I said that.

That's the first time I've really admitted to myself that I'm in love with Lauren.

"Y/n..." Camila said to get my attention. "This is why I told you that you need to tell her everything."

"What if it fucks everything up again?" I asked her, tearing brimming in my eyes.

"Look, there's two ways this could go," she said. "She could either admit she's in love with you too, or she could tell you it'll never happen."

"Wow. Has anyone ever told you you're great at pep talks?" I asked sarcastically, making Camila roll her eyes.

"You're not understanding what I'm saying," the girl told me. "Basically, you either get what you want, or you finally get closure."

Closure.

That's what I've been trying to get for months, but I could never seem to really get a hold on it.

Maybe Camila was right.

Even if Lauren didn't reciprocate my feelings, at least I would get closure knowing that I did all that I could. Maybe I'd finally be able to move on then.

"Okay," I said, watching Camila send me a soft smile. "You're right."

"So, you'll tell her how you feel?" She asked.

"Yea, I'll tell her tomorrow," I said, taking a deep breath to process my decision.

"Just know we support you all the way," Jc said with a smile.

"Yea," Camila agreed. "We'll be here for you no matter how it turns out."

I smiled at the two to show them how much I appreciated them.

I was really going to do this.