Seventeen (Part 3) - C.S

Start from the beginning

"TONIGHT!" All four of you belt out, embracing it.

"Yeah we're damaged." You place one hand on top of Cole's and the other on his shoulder, embracing his warm touch.

"Badly damaged." He watches as you do this, marvelling at the woman in front of him. How did he get so lucky to work with her?

"But your love's too good to lose." The two of you harmonise and you could see Cami, KJ and Ashley all watching in awe as Skeet and Mädchen both smile nostalgically at the two of you.

"Hold me tighter. Even closer." Madelaine sings gently, almost like a whisper to Vanessa.

"I'll stay if I'm what you choose." Vanessa replies in song.

"Can't we be seventeen?" You and Cole sing again. You feel your heart go crazy as the two of you gaze into each other's eyes again. You admire the man in front of you. It scared you how much control just his stare had over you.

"If I am what you choose." Vanessa and Madelaine sing together sweetly.

"If we still have the right." It made you want to run away. The fear of rejection, heart break and shame lingered in your heart as you looked at him unsure. When you saw burning determination and passion in Cole's eyes, you felt somewhat calm.

"Cause you're the one I choose." You hear Madelaine finish her last line.

"You're the one I choose." Vanessa leads into you and Cole's last lyric.

"You're the one I choose." The song finishes and everything seems to go silent. You stay in the position with Cole, not wanting to move.

"Y/N, I-I've wanted to tell you something for a while, but I'm not sure how to say it." Cole pulls you closer, if that's even possible. The man wants to tell you what it felt like singing with you, maybe you could help him figure out what he's feeling. Your head is spinning and unknown to you, everyone outside your booth is freaking out. Luckily, soundproofing was keeping them from interrupting your moment. You smile, hope burning deep within you as you speak to your costar.

"Cole, I want to tell you something too, but I'm really scared," Cole looks deep into your eyes as he holds you close and sees the vulnerability deep within you. You were scared out of your mind. "Your love's too good to lose." He pulls away, kind of shocked. You feel your heart sink, almost shattering. You felt like you'd made a mistake.

"What?" You smile, continuing with your lyrical confession. If this ended badly, at least you'd gone out nicely.

"I'll stay if I'm what you choose." The booth goes silent and you realise your mistake. Cole looks at you in shock, unsure of what to say. He didn't know you felt that way, he didn't know that he felt that way. You allow your tears to fall as you walk out. "I-I'm sorry." You rush out, closing the door behind you. Your other costars try to stop you.

"Y/N, wait." Mädchen attempts to grab you, but you shove her off.

"Please, leave me alone for a while." Everyone stopped, seeing the hurt in your eyes. You pushed through and left the studio, unsure of what tomorrow would bring.

COLE'S POV

"You're the one I choose." I gaze at into Y/N's eyes as we finished the last lyric, the two of us merely inches apart. I move one of my hands from my cheek to her hip.

"Y/N, I-I've wanted to tell you something for a while, but I'm not sure how to say it." I pull Y/N even closer, if that's even possible. She was dazzling and I couldn't help marvel in her beauty as her rosy cheeks creased due to her smile. I know I feel something deep for her, but I'm so so scared. After the past relationships I've been in, I haven't opened up to anyone truly in a while. But when I'm with Y/N, I feel as if I don't fear anything.

"Cole, I want to tell you something too, but I'm really scared," I'm hypnotised by her E/C stare, vulnerability and something I couldn't recognise shining through. "Your love's too good to lose." She sings quietly and I almost jump out of my skin. Was she being honest? Did she care for me like I care for her?

"What?" I manage to ask and Y/N's cheeky grin drops into a sad, almost acknowledging smile. It shook me to my core, jumbling my thoughts as I stood in front of the beautiful goddess that is my costar. I never thought I'd find someone who I connected so well with. Maybe she could teach me trust fully and love completely again.

"I'll stay if I'm what you choose." I attempt to speak, but no words come out. I couldn't find the words to comprehend what she'd just said. She did love me. I see her eyes full with tears and my stomach churns. "I-I'm sorry." She rushes out, pushing through the crowd of cast members standing outside. I go to run after her, but she's already gone by the time I reach the door. I realise what I've just done and slam the side of my fist again the wall, ignoring the sympathetic looks I had received from everyone else.

"You've got to fix this, boy. That girl loves you." Skeet spoke to me, just like he would as FP. I turn to him, swallowing the lump in my throat.

"I know, I love her too." I admit, almost a whisper. It's a relief, admitting it. I do love her with my whole heart, and I'm not going to let fear stop me from being with her.

"Then win her back tomorrow." Vanessa challenges me and all I can do is nod. I have to fix this.