Seventeen (Part 2) - C.S

BOTH POVs

"So the recording schedule obviously can't be in order, so this is how we're going to record. First we'll record Lifeboat, Fight For Me and Candy Store." You grab Cami's arm and shake her excitedly before giving Ashley and KJ a thumbs up. "Then we'll go onto Dead Girl Walking and Seventeen." Madelaine winks and you shove her softly. "Then we'll record Big Fun and Our Love is God." Bernadette high fives you. "Then last, but certainly not least, we'll have Beautiful and the Seventeen reprise." You take note of when you'll have to be in the recording studio. "Cami, you're up first. KJ and Ashley, come with me. Y/N and Madelaine, keep an ear out for when you may be called. Everyone else just keep practicing and reading over your scripts for tomorrow. If you need costume adjustments or anything to do with that, go immediately to wardrobe so Sass can take care of it. Any questions, feel free to ask me." Everyone goes off on their own and you sit down on a couch, tucking your legs up as you begin to practice.

"If you could let me in, I could be good with you." You sing and you relate to the lyric a lot. You want to be able to get to know Cole even more. Over the past couple of years, he's pretty much become your best friend and you love him to bits — but you hate it. You care him so much more than that and he hides things from you. You know it's because of some kind of rough past he's had and you understood, but you yearned for the trust you had in him to be returned.

"People hurt us." Cole states, continuing the lyric as he walks up to you. You nod, looking down to your script almost in defeat.

"I know." He sits down beside you.

"You were so happy this morning, almost jumping off the walls and now you seem so down. Is there something wrong?" You brush him off, not wanting to worry him or reveal your doubts.

"No, it's fine. Everything's fine." He grabs your chin and lifts it, forcing you to look at him. You feel your breath get caught in your throat as you're startled again by those green eyes. Cole looks at you with concern and curiosity. What had gotten his favourite girl so down?

"I want to know what's wrong. You know I'm hear to listen." He lets go and you place your script down on the arm of the sofa.

"I love someone, but I'm scared to tell them." Cole seems slightly surprised as you say this. It made his stomach clench.

"Love as in family love or love as in 'love' love?"

"Love as in head over heels, heart exploding, stomach turning, they're my everything kind of love." You explain, running a hand through your hair as you try to calm your anxious heart. "Problem is I don't think they could ever love back." Cole places a hand on your shoulder, trying to be comforting as his mind attempts to comprehend what you just said.

"With you, anyone is capable of falling in love." This made your heart melt. Heading it come from him, it affected you more than you expected.

"Thanks Juggie." You tease and he rolls his eyes, shifting towards you and placing your legs so they're splayed across his.

"But seriously, whoever this person is, I'm sure they love you too." Oh how oblivious he is. You smile patiently, ruffling his hair.

"Thanks, Cole. I appreciate it."

______________

"You can stay here to warm up if you like or you can go off by yourselves and practice for twenty, whichever you prefer." The vocal coach, David, instructed the four of you. Cole knew that you'd want him to warm up with the three of you, but just looking at you, he feels very self conscious of his voice. He loves your singing and how you put your soul into performing, but he's still learning and isn't quite as confident. Cole heads off to his trailer to practice as the three of you stay and harmonise.

"Are you prepared?" Madelaine giggles as you two watch Vanessa finish off her vocal exercises. You nod your head ecstatically before the three of you began to sing.

"I am, I just wish Cole wasn't so self conscious about his voice. I bet his voice is amazing." You chat between lyrics.

"You'll hear it soon enough, have patience." Vanessa smiles as the three of you continue for a little while longer before Cole returns, a smirk on his face. He walks up to you and hugs you from behind as you're chatting with the girls. He rests his head on your shoulder and you lean into his grip, closing your eyes and smiling softly with content.

"I can't wait to sing with you, it'll be fun." You knew he had that devilish smirk on his face that he always does as he whispers in your ear. You shiver slightly, his warm breath hitting your ear and neck, causing your face to flush.

"Me too." You whisper back, running a hand through his hair with a giggle as Vanessa and Madelaine watch. Cole pulls away and you stop yourself from begging him to stay, feeling cold without his touch. Cole walks off quickly to chat with David and your friends raise their eyebrows with a knowing grin glued to both their faces. You glare at the two as they poke you teasingly. "Shut up."

_________________

"Are you guys ready?" Cole asks Madelaine and Vanessa through the headset, the two girls standing side by side in the booth adjacent to yours.

"We're all set." Vanessa responds from the other booth, a cheerful tone in her voice.

"Are you ready?" Cole asks, his eyes glimmering as he turns to you. You smile back softly, adjusting your microphone and preparing yourself to start singing. Cole watches you in awe as you seem to shine under the studio lights.

"As ready as I'll ever be." You two give a thumbs up to Mitch, who is working the soundboard, and he begins to play the backing track, which had been recorded with an orchestra.