35. Dream

It was a silent night, and she stands by the window of the room in Hoshiyarpur, the guest house where they had stayed.

The place where they first kissed.

She was wearing a Saree and as she stood with her shoulder resting against the wall, the curve of her waist gleams against the moonlight.

He sees her that way. An enchantress wearing a red Saree with a golden waist chain resting against the slope of her waist, gleaming in shiny gold, making him want to replace the chain with his lips.

She feels eyes on her maybe, she turns to look at him then, the sheer beauty of him always undoing her, making her stomach clench.

"You've come" she says even as he would kneel before her in absolute surrender or to claim her, she didn't know.

"You don't leave me a choice" he says finally doing what he wanted to. He presses his lips against the waist chain, touching her warm skin.

"Maan..." she moans.

He looks up at her with a mischievous smile that tells her she gave herself away and that he knew how much power he yielded on her.

And just like that she withheld the sensation that would give her away. Instead, she closes her eyes, pushing her chest forward as she tilts her head up.

His hands stall untying the waist chain. She looks at him with hooded eyes and quietly beckons him forward with her palm outstretched.

He takes it pulling her down, until she would sit up on her knees just like he did.

He doesn't touch her anywhere else except for the hold he had of her right palm.

It was a dangerous game they are playing they were aware. And when Maan leans in lowering her blouse from her shoulder to touch his lips there, she clenches her hand over his shirt and lets out the moan once more.

"Maan..."

-

"Maan..."

The drowsy whisper of her escaped her sleepy state as she gripped her hand around the bedsheet as her toes curled in sleep. She felt a feather like touch on her cheeks and she moved her face away not wanting to let go of the remnants of her dream.

She felt it again, the velvety touch on her cheeks and this time, she opened her drowsy eyes and saw a figure hovering around her and screamed a high pitched scream, meanwhile trying to throw kicks in the air.

She had felt a hand stop her screaming and a body put on top of her to stop her kicking legs.

She wriggled and her hand was trying to reach to the bedside lamp.

"Hey Kicky, you are going to cause bodily injury to me now" she heard the teasing tone and opened her eyes in surprised bewilderment.

"Mmaammm?" Was her mumble and she heard him laugh.

Removing his palm off her mouth, he settled next to her while she sat in the bed and switched on the bedside lamp and saw him comfortably settle down on the bed next to her, his eyes closed and his hands folded under him.

And she just stared at him really out of words.

"Can't take eyes off me eh?" He said with eyes closed effectively making her look away like a deer caught in headlights.

"What--how--what" she said not moving past that limited vocabulary.

"The first what, I figure is you asking me what am I doing here at this time? I'm paying you a visit which is quite obvious. How, you'd ask. Well, I didn't climb the pipe like a cheesy Bollywood hero, for sure came in with spare keys"

As he saw her open her mouth to question again, he cut her "Yes I have a set. Remember I used to live here once?"

"The last what of your elaborate question might probably be you wondering what had I used to wake you up?"

Geet nodded mutely.

"Here" he said extending the lone rose that was lying between them, sitting on his knees just like in the dream making her toes curl.

"Hey" he says tugging her forward, with her hands. "You seemed to have an interesting dream, want me to make it a reality?" He says with mischievous glint in his eyes.

"I uh..."

"Let me make a guess. Since you were calling out my name I was obviously there. But what was I doing that you called out to me like that?"

"What could I possibly do?" He asked, thinking out loud.

"Did I do this?" He asked and in one sweeping movement, he leaned forward, running a finger from her forehead to her lips and letting it go further down, lower and lower until he felt her gasp.

"Or did I do this" he said pulling her top just a tad bit down, just like in the dream, exposing one smooth shoulder.

He kissed her then, trailing his lips on her dainty shoulder.

"Maan..." The dreamy voice of hers, filled with slight husk from her sleepy state was back.

He had moved up to capture her lips with his and this time she had come freely, her hands locked around his neck whilst his moved down south as he pushed her hips to his.

Something akin to a purr escaped her lips and it took all of his resolve to pull back.

With her tousled hair and well kissed lips, she looked like a siren and God knows how long would he be able to keep his hands off her.

"Ask me to go" he told her, taking her hand and placing it on his chest.

"Push me away right now"

She fisted his shirt and pulled him closer and that was all it took to make him capture her lips again with a groan.

A long while later, when they parted with his forehead resting against hers, he breathed her name like he always did.

"Geet..."

She nodded, not having enough strength to look at him.

"I am leaving for Manhattan. I won't be around for two weeks"

She looked back at him.

"Don't make this hard for me"

She hooked a finger around the holy thread she tied around his neck and pulled him closer.

"Two weeks is a long time" she had said.

"I'll give you something to remember me by" he told and before she could decipher the meaning of hers, he trailed his lips down her neck kissing her all the way, until he reached just above the Hem of her top. And then he took the skin between his teeth and left a mark right there.

"Enough to remember me?" He said and she was glad he was holding her for she would combust into thin flames if otherwise.